Christmas came a little early!!

Very nice! I've worked up loads for many Sakos and all of them have been impressive.

I hope you know what she wants for Christmas. Mine is always a mystery, even when I've been paying attention. LOL!

Thanks.
My Wife is hard to buy for because she already has everything that she needs and doesn’t really want any more than that. I still manage to do quite well picking out her presents every year though.
I’m going to run the irons on that rifle for now and take my time looking for the right optic to top it with.
Hopefully finding a load that it likes won’t be too difficult.

Thanks.
My Wife is hard to buy for because she already has everything that she needs and doesn’t really want any more than that. I still manage to do quite well picking out her presents every year though.
I’m going to run the irons on that rifle for now and take my time looking for the right optic to top it with.
Hopefully finding a load that it likes won’t be too difficult.

Keep us posted on how the rifle performs with the irons and the scope option you decide to go with. I like rifles that have iron sights, but unfortunately all most all companies now do not offer that option anymore. Where did she purchase the rifle from?

I shot it the other day and it did quite well with the irons. I really like the fast target acquisition iron sights. I was able to shoot a 1/2” group at 50 yards with it set up on tripod shooting sticks. The trigger is still set at the factory setting but it’s crisp and breaks like glass with very little over travel. I believe it is adjustable all the way down to 2#. I’ll take it out to 100 when I have more time to fool around with it and experiment with loads. I’m going to order some Double Tap 130gr Barnes TTSX loads this week and give them a try.

If you decide to mount a scope on it be, sure and go with the Optilock rings and bases. They are pricey but they are bomb-proof and well worth it. I haven't had the zero change much, if any, on any of my rifles over the years. My only complaint about the system is that the scope rides higher than I like so even with the "low" rings a 40mm objective still has a good bit of clearance above the barrel.

If you decide to mount a scope on it be, sure and go with the Optilock rings and bases. They are pricey but they are bomb-proof and well worth it. I haven't had the zero change much, if any, on any of my rifles over the years. My only complaint about the system is that the scope rides higher than I like so even with the "low" rings a 40mm objective still has a good bit of clearance above the barrel.
That’s definitely good to know. Thank you.
I’ve looked at Optilock and the Leupold rings both. I guess it’s time to make a choice on which one to use.
I now have a Leupold VXR 1.25-4x20 on the way to try out on the rifle. If it doesn’t work out on this one I have another rifle or 2 to mate it up to.

Back
Top Bottom