• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CIA c93 for $556.20. Think Cetme only in 556

I always wanted to get an HK93 after watching John Carpenter's "The Thing" back in the day, I'm sure this is nowhere near as well-made.
Cons I can think of (disclaimer: I have no experience with this rifle) are magazine availability & cost, it specs at .223, does that mean it's not rated to fire 5.56?, 1/9 rifling means it might not shoot heavier bullets well.
Would I buy one at this price? Not right now as it's a buyers market for AR's right now.

Hit or miss with these.. Some folks have nothing but issues, such as inability to fit trigger packs, excessive bolt gap, etc... Whereas others say thier gun worked 100% out of the box... mags are expensive.. You can check bolt gap with a feeler gauge. It takes 10 seconds and may be fixed( if out of spec) by new rollers...

On the plus side if you can get one that works, they are about 25% the cost of an HK-93.

image.jpg
499 Earlier this month at AO

Love mine. Has been 100% reliable, although I haven't shot it much. Cons: magazines are expensive ($75+) and hard to find. Tapco or Promag (someone) does make a 40 rounder, which I bought a few of, but haven't tried out yet. The 40 rounder is too long, so I don't like it. But, from what I have read, I was lucky to get a good Century build...

Last edited:
Love mine. Has been 100% reliable, although I haven't shot it much. Cons: magazines are expensive ($75+) and hard to find. Tapco or Promag (someone) does make a 40 rounder, which I bought a few of, but haven't tried out yet. The 40 rounder is too long, so I don't like it. But, from what I have read, I was lucky to get a good Century build...

it's promag...bought one to try out, had read they needed some mods to lock up...have tinkered and tinkered and can't get it to lock in the magwell so who knows if it actually functions...

it's promag...bought one to try out, had read they needed some mods to lock up...have tinkered and tinkered and can't get it to lock in the magwell so who knows if it actually functions...

Guess I should get mine out and see if they will lock up. I don't particularly like them anyway, but w/ the cost and unavailability of the steel, I took a chance.

Back
Top Bottom