• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Class 3 Tracker NFA Branch ATL, Trust.

Cecks get cashed quick, but pending is taking a while now. This was posted on Silencertalk.com today, then again the ATF seems to overestimate their own waits.
Had a chat with the ATF yesterday. They are now taking 6 weeks to go from cashed check to pending. Your application isn't even entered into the system (as in they won't recognize your serial number) until after the 6 week mark. Once it's in the system you have 6 months to approval. Total time? 7 and a half months.

I experienced this first hand as 4/3/2013 will be the 6 week mark for two of my cashed checks and the serial numbers are not yet in the system. They can't even look up my application. I wished I asked the ATF official why the change but I assumed it was just part of the gun rush + sequester combo.

I will call the ATF next week (when I'm hopefully in the system) and give an update.

Last edited:
what if the ATF takes your money and then just disapproves the Application? That makes no since

If you read the definitions at the bottom of each ATF forms, it will tell you what happens if an application is denied or approved. Either way, if you get disapproved or you cancel an approved application, ATF will schedule a refund for you. Which leads to my question. If you have a approved form 1 and you wait like 5 months later because you can't get parts, would they still refund? ATF doesn't clarify when you're suppose to make the SBR once an approved form 1.

Cecks get cashed quick, but pending is taking a while now. This was posted on Silencertalk.com today, then again the ATF seems to overestimate their own waits.

I ran into this. I mailed my check on Valentines day and it was cashed on the 20th of Feb. I called at the beginning of March and they told me six weeks. I'll call this coming week and check again.

Back
Top Bottom