• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Classifieds Question - Bill Of Sale Required ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
people just don't like giving strangers personal info. I sometimes take pics of my weapons and post them...no need for people to know where I live.

That's not all you post pictures of.... Giggity.

I think that the whole idea of a bill of sale is a logical falicy. People think it will cover their ass, but in reality it's more likely to bite them in the ass

Just because you think it should be mandatory tells me all I need to know about you as a firearm owner.

Bet you are okay with a national registry of firearms, and have been known to insinuate the 2nd amendment is for hunting.....

A bill of sale offers you literally zero legal protection, all it does is put your personal information in the hands of a stranger. I for one to not want to indefinitely store information for every firearm transaction I have done. Nor do I want an easily to compile list of everyone I have conducted private commerce with.
I understand - genuinely new to this. Your info helps - just nervous about selling to a stranger and needing more info. I do tend to agree with conservatives on gun rules actually, just not into the politics.

How can it bite you in the ass? Just trying to learn more, not force an option :)
And if i were a criminal and did biz with you….you just gave me an address where i know multiple guns for the stealing likely are.
Worse than that….the govt can find out. They are worse than criminals.
Privacy is your ally

I'm genuinely curious why you think a BOS should be mandatory.

i’ve only ever bought guns. I’m just surprised if it is how it is because I don’t want to be implicated in a crime if someone commits with the gun I sold them. So to me it just seems like it would make sense to show officially this gun is no longer mine and it’s been transferred to someone else and I’m out of the equation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom