• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cleaning a Benchmade Infidel?

Just FYI-

Carb cleaner and electrical contact cleaner have small amounts of light oil in them.
Brake cleaner has no oil content.

I didn't know that. Good to know, thanks. Never been much of a mechanic which is kind of weird cause my Dad and Grandfather were and my youngest son is very mechanically inclined.

Last edited:
Just send it to them. I emailed them asking for a screw for the pocket clip and they sent me a new clip and screws no questions asked. They will clean and sharpen it for life! Just don't send them an auto from a lib state, you might not get it back.

Tazz,

I use the can air for the loose dirt in mine. Then dabs of FrogLube. I hate to be a band wagon guy....but I find myself using that for more and more.
I have an infidel and that did the trick for me sir.

Tazz,

I use the can air for the loose dirt in mine. Then dabs of FrogLube. I hate to be a band wagon guy....but I find myself using that for more and more.
I have an infidel and that did the trick for me sir.

Hey thanks klarktx, where can I pickup some of that FrogLube? I've heard of it but haven't seen any before, what about using my air compressor? Just a couple of short blasts? This is what I was waiting for, someone who owns an Infidel and fixed the same problem.

Cleaned mine with some degreaser and compressed air, then a couple drops of gun oil and it helped out a ton. I had to send mine into Benchmade a year after i got it and they actually sent me a brand new one, spring was slap wore out and would not engage but about 50%. Benchmade will take care of you if you have to send it in.

If you find out post it please. Also I was told they sell a stronger spring kit for them. I'm thinking about getting one myself and would like to know how to work on it.

Back
Top Bottom