• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Close Call Whew!

What probably happened is that some powder got stuck in the funnel from the previous charge. Are you absolutely sure you don't have a light load in one of the other rounds? You could probably have picked up on the problem with a well lit visual check. We always look into each case with a flashlight. It's quick and you would be surprised how much a heavy or light charge jumps out at you.

I'm just not sure where I went wrong on that round. I do the visual check (well lite bench) .40s&w cases are not as hard to see in as some others, and I pulled all of the other 19 rounds down also. None were over or under charged. That's what's a bit frustrating, just can't figure how I blew that charge. I'm very methodical and sequential on my loading procedures. It might take me a bit Longer than some others that Brag on how fast they reload, but I always differ speed to a slow, steady, safe and consistant loading routine. I just don't know, but like I said I'll triple check myself for a while and see if I've maybe picked up a bad habbit, skipped a check that I normally take or a distraction.

Last edited:
With test loads I always mark the case with a sharpy too. I once knock my ammo box over and all my test loads spilled out on the bench. Without the reference marks I would have been screwed.

www.treeclimber.com_reloads_243_noslers.jpg

Back
Top Bottom