• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Cloud Atlas

I'm glad you liked it. I have turned a lot of people on to this movie that I thought would hate it and they loved it.

It's very different in it's structure as a movie. Anyone that watches it needs to just forget about typical plot development and simply watch the movie. It expresses ideas and ideals, not characters and story lines. It makes no sense to start with, but if you just don't worry about that, you'll "get it" by the end of the movie.

The thread I started on it a while back didn't view the movie in a very positive light.

http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/583827-Cloud-Atlas

LOL! That's too bad. The problem is that you guys were trying to hard understand it and quit watching. I think I was able to get into it because I had heard so much negative about it. That way I wasn't expecting much. That let me just let the movie happen.

It really is unusual, but brilliant. I think this was Tom Hanks' best movie and I'm a big fan of his other work.

LOL! That's too bad. The problem is that you guys were trying to hard understand it and quit watching. I think I was able to get into it because I had heard so much negative about it. That way I wasn't expecting much. That let me just let the movie happen.

It really is unusual, but brilliant. I think this was Tom Hanks' best movie and I'm a big fan of his other work.

Maybe I need to watch it without beer this time

Back
Top Bottom