CLP damaged guns finishes

zracin

Default rank <1250 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
71   0
Reaction score
So I went through and cleaned all my guns..I've never used CLP all these years, so figures I'd give it a try considering what I've heard. 2 days later open the safe... And both, my pristine nickel cobra, and my nickel/ivory civil war era Smith and Wesson model 1 are all milky. It doesn't seem to rub off. Any thoughts? Maybe polish them? I'll try and post some pictures next time Im in the safe

20201107_133859.jpg
Pics

So I went through and cleaned all my guns..I've never used CLP all these years, so figures I'd give it a try considering what I've heard. 2 days later open the safe... And both, my pristine nickel cobra, and my nickel/ivory civil war era Smith and Wesson model 1 are all milky. It doesn't seem to rub off. Any thoughts? Maybe polish them? I'll try and post some pictures next time Im in the safe

How about a picture of the CLP you have? There are a few companies that make "CLP".

The only other thing I've ever used was hoppes... I've used that for all of eternity. The last time I cleaned these two guns was probably 2 years ago though with that. Here's a picture of the CLP I used. I bought it at candler road gun and pawn

Screenshot_20201108-144850_Chrome.jpg

Use Gun Scrubber and strip off the Breakfree. CLP is great for many things, but the coating for the “P” preventative can cause some dull finishes on bright polish stainless, nickel, and chrome.

Over the years, REM Oil has been the go to for most of these finishes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Use Gun Scrubber and strip off the Breakfree. CLP is great for many things, but the coating for the “P” preventative can cause some dull finishes on bright polish stainless, nickel, and chrome.

Over the years, REM Oil has been the go to for most of these finishes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you sir

The only other thing I've ever used was hoppes... I've used that for all of eternity. The last time I cleaned these two guns was probably 2 years ago though with that. Here's a picture of the CLP I used. I bought it at candler road gun and pawn

View attachment 2907962
Candler road? Scary part of town. The funeral home is called BROWN & YOUNG. Cause that’s how they all go

Back
Top Bottom