• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CMMG-AR 22LR Conversion A man and his son set out to provide an ill-informed review.

I almost bought a conversion kit but wound up grabbing a 10/22 Talo edition (tacticool) for $199! No brainer and a hellova lot of fun to shoot. Absolutely no FTF's with at least 2000 rounds so far.

Why? Pretty much for the reasons you have run into. The guy I was talking to at CG&P mentioned the difficulties some AR's have with the .22 conversion. I decided it wasn't worth the headache.

The trick to anything conversion is to allow for a break-in period. Purpose-built will most always perform out of the box. I purchased a Jonathan Arthur Ciener .22 conversion kit many years ago for my 1911. I think they may have been a little more expensive back then and less options. First time I shot it I felt like I had wasted my money. After a couple hundred rounds, it ran good no matter what I put through it.

Black dog mags and trim the recoil spring. My 22 kit runs flawlessly out of a old colt 1/12 barrel I cut down to 4.5".

And 22 ammo goes to crap when it gets old. Don't know why but I try to not have 22 ammo older than about 3 or 4 years. Seems like any older than than and it starts losing potency. I have a old box of CCI mini mags that can barely get the bullets out of the barrel anymore.

Back
Top Bottom