• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CMMG dedicated 22lr upper - plum crazy lower - CMMG mags - ProMag

wozbean

Default rank <4000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
132   0
Reaction score
So I purchased a dedicated 22lr upper CMMG, 2 CMMG 22lr mags, 1 ProMag 22lr mag and a plum crazy lower. The thing shoots great. The CMMG mags operate pretty well, occasionally it will FTF, it seems to do it more when the mags get low, 1 to 3 rounds left. I think the follower pushes the round up at to an aggressive angle and it won't feed. The ProMag, SUCKS, it ALWAYS FTF's no matter how many rounds are in it. Over all I happy with everything except the ProMag.

Plum Crazy lower = A+
CMMG dedicated upper = A-
CMMG mags = B+
ProMag = F

Yea apparently the only 22lr pistol uppers are Model one and DPMS. But yea, I'm looking to do some shooting this weekend, I'll PM you if time permits I have new toys that need some range time. Which CMMG upper is it? they have a light weight model that is supposedly extremely light super pencil barrel.

Yea apparently the only 22lr pistol uppers are Model one and DPMS. But yea, I'm looking to do some shooting this weekend, I'll PM you if time permits I have new toys that need some range time. Which CMMG upper is it? they have a light weight model that is supposedly extremely light super pencil barrel.

That's a good question. I'll check it out when I have time.

Hey I got my 22 AR put together today using the CMMG upper. It is awesome! and the best part is that it cycles subsonics perfectly! The mags needed the sanding on the tabs, (instructions say to sand them until fit is acheived), but they worked great. Needless to say I am giddy! now for optics
And for a good price I got the upper and www.discountsandmore.net

Also I had no FTF's with the 2 cmmg mags, even under rapid fire, the upper felt sturdy. I cant wait to get a folding stock as the buffer tube is not used in this model

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom