• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CMR-30 from Kel-Tec

H2O MAN

Default rank <4500 posts
ODT Junkie!
55   0
Reaction score
I liked this gun right out of the box... it's really light, it shoulders & points well, and the trigger is great.
My 1st trip to the range wasn't that great... multiple FTF / FTE, but when it ran - it ran great, and it was accurate.

I shipped it off to Kel-Tec the very next day for evaluation & repair, it returned a month later 06/10.
The work order mentioned: "Updated bolt block, bolt catch and bolt pin." We shall see if it's fixed.

A 2nd trip to the range is planned for sometime this week with an assortment of .22WMR ammunition.
The EOTech EXPS3-0 sits at the correct height for me, and I'm trying out a Smith DC Vortex made for the M4.

CMR-1.JPG

IMG_4862.JPG

Mine ran perfectly right from the start with 3 or 4 different kinds of ammo, it and the PMR 30 are a "hoot to shoot"...just take plenty of ammo with you........................

We have 2 ...have broken in one so far... It did NOT like Winchester 45 grain... dynapoint HP IIRC... Wouldn't cycle worth a crap... Since then it has been on a steady diet of 40-50 grain CCI and Federal ... Not one hiccup....has run flawlessly... It is an absolute joy to shoot... put a cool muzzle brake on it... more fun to shoot than I have ever thought it would be.!!!!!!
HTH

I was having a problem with premature mag ejection when handling my CMR, so I Macgyver'd a solution using a spare back-strap from a Gen 4 Glock and some tape. I cured my premature ejection problem.

IMG_6629.JPG
IMG_6630.JPG

120 suppressed rounds fired flawlessly into tight groupings yesterday. Awesome little blaster... seriously considering 10" SBR for this.
CMR-09.05.JPG

ammo, ammo, ammo is the main reason for failures, both my PMR and CMR run flawlessly on 45+ grains of CCI Maxi mag ammo, anything less than 45 grains, leads to the problems.
From the CMR manual,
"The CMR-30™ functions best with high power ammo, often with bullet weights of 40grain and up. Low power ammo and/or light-weight bullets may cause failure to feed problems due to the lack of energy to cycle the action all the way back".
Oh, and H20, I have some Black duct tape if you are ever in Cumming.

Back
Top Bottom