• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CMR-30 from Kel-Tec

I got to shoot both the PMR 30 pistol and the CMR 30 carbine yesterday.

The carbine I used was reliable.
Accuracy seemed good given the crude flip-up iron sights (it did not have optics on it at the time I tested it).

It was very light and I think it would make a great home defense weapon for a woman or elderly person who is recoil shy and lacks hand & arm strength. It could be wielded one-handed if necessary while the other hand closes and locks the door, dials 911 on the phone, or pushes a child out of harms way.

08501559-C7A8-4E4F-8700-4BA65920D3A8.jpeg

p.S. The magazine did drop out on me a couple of times while I was handling the weapon when I did not intend to drop the mag. (I do not like the location of the magazine release.)

The magazine did drop out on me a couple of times while I was handling the weapon when I did not intend to drop the mag. (I do not like the location of the magazine release.)
I revised my modification... it still looks like hell, but it works great.

Attachments

• IMG_1641.JPG
    IMG_1641.JPG
    431.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1642.JPG
    IMG_1642.JPG
    155.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1643.JPG
    IMG_1643.JPG
    265.4 KB · Views: 12
I finally got some trigger time with my suppressed CMR, and once I got the scope sort of zeroed in I was making head shots on a 6" steel silhouette off hand at 120 yards using 45 gr. Hornady Critical Defense. Zero issues, and my mag release shield modification worked flawlessly. I love this little blaster!
IMG_9165 (2).JPG

I enjoy ALL of my Kel-Tecs, including George Kellgrens pre-Kel-Tec Intratec Tec-9 (say that 5 times fast) simply because people hate them and polymer everything and blah, blah, blah. I've only ever had an issue with one of them. I wasn't the original owner but sent it in and asked them to diagnose and let me know what, if anything, needed repair.

A few weeks went by and I get a call from my FFL to come pick up my gun. They fixed it, gave me an extra mag and a hand written note in the box that said go enjoy the hell out of it.

Can't beat that service. Became good friends with their marketing guy, Chad as well. We both ride motorcycles and obviously enjoy guns. I hope they keep ****ting on the status quo.

I've really been tempted to get either the pistol or carbine version. I recently sent back a p32 that had started having fte's It had been rode hard and put up wet for years. Keltec replaced everything except the stripped slide (including the frame) at no charge! Hell of a company.

Back
Top Bottom