Cobalt Leak Found..... Sealant Questions...

Yup the cars nowadays are very fragile
Nothing but plastic crap

I know a guy that hit a big deer with his three day old 2018 mustang GT and totaled it

Pushed the front fenders into the doors and blew every airbag

From hitting a deer and coming to a stop in the highway

I’m done owning late model cars unless I get em for nearly free

I just picked up a 06 one owner 4wd expedition with 90k on the clock for $3,500
Original owner paid $51k
That’s quite a hit for owning a car for 12 years

Going tomorrow to look at a 03 Jeep Liberty for $400
I just spread the word around that I’m interested in cars and will probably buy yours for what the dealer offers as a trade in
As long as you don’t mention trade in until the last minute after y’all have settled on a final drive out price

But my next car is gonna be the nicest 88-91 K-5 Blazer I can find

Something easy to repair
Only one computer , no plastic
And will go up in value instead of down
They're getting cheaper and harder to repair, and the cost is going up.

Talked to a guy the other day that worked making a single plastic gear for window motors and thats all they made. They charged $30 for that gear to build the motors. Not surprised at the end consumer cost when you think of every part on a car

Yup the cars nowadays are very fragile
Nothing but plastic crap

I know a guy that hit a big deer with his three day old 2018 mustang GT and totaled it

Pushed the front fenders into the doors and blew every airbag

From hitting a deer and coming to a stop in the highway

I’m done owning late model cars unless I get em for nearly free

I just picked up a 06 one owner 4wd expedition with 90k on the clock for $3,500
Original owner paid $51k
That’s quite a hit for owning a car for 12 years

Going tomorrow to look at a 03 Jeep Liberty for $400
I just spread the word around that I’m interested in cars and will probably buy yours for what the dealer offers as a trade in
As long as you don’t mention trade in until the last minute after y’all have settled on a final drive out price

But my next car is gonna be the nicest 88-91 K-5 Blazer I can find

Something easy to repair
Only one computer , no plastic
And will go up in value instead of down

I LIKE your style!

I'm all about driving something old, but I'm no good at finding something like that which ain't junk.

A friend of mine found an absolute museum piece '95 F-150 recently. He detailed it a little, and holy crap it's beautiful!

I'd totally go for something like that-especially an old diesel, but everything I see looks like junk with expensive problems.

I just heard Clark Howard this morning talking about how the average price people pay for a new car is @37k. Thats $700 per month.

When people ask why I spend so much time keeping my old cars running-that's why.

These ugly old things are mechanically sound, and they pay me well to drive them.

I bought and tried some of this after seeing this thread. Says on the tube it sticks to anything. Fact: it does not adhere well at all. Tried it on some vent caps on top of camper. Washing the camper with a carwash brush will roll it right up. An adhesive silicone is better and it does not adhere that well. Waste of money

I bought and tried some of this after seeing this thread. Says on the tube it sticks to anything. Fact: it does not adhere well at all. Tried it on some vent caps on top of camper. Washing the camper with a carwash brush will roll it right up. An adhesive silicone is better and it does not adhere that well. Waste of money
It sticks to anything except dirty surfaces. Nothing sticks to dirt. That's the only reason it rolled at the edges......... Probably should have used the brush before you applied it.

FYI I tried it to seal rivets that secure the vent caps. Next day I tested it and was able to roll it right right off with my finger with light pressure. I have used an adhesive silicone in the past that was much better than this stuff but it gives up after a few years. Urethane sealers are much better. /sticks and last for along time

Back
Top Bottom