• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Colt 38 super elite national match value?

rutman

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
62   0
Reaction score
Friend of mine has a new in the box Colt 38 super elite national match. Anyone know what it may be worth? He’s potentially interested in selling but don’t have a clue what to ask…

e5f180a9052a44d1932d96387b2aa368.jpg

ef746cda959cb312e7f1eb6883a8498c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He says it’s new in the box. Never had a round chambered… He thinks it may be worth around 3k plus. I thought that might be a little steep. It was purchased new in the late 80’s.

Might also want to browse gunbroker on this one. I find that when the brand "Super Elite" comes into play, it totally supersedes the gold cup, national match, tags regardless of series 70, 80, or MKIV . All of this of course depends on condition, and this one seems to be in pretty rough shape. Most likely brings us right back to the 17-18 like Palmetto said.

Didn't see the last couple post before I started typing. To have never been fired or chambered it has a really rough idiot mark. There is serious relief of the lettering on the slide. If this was new old stock yes it would be worth a pretty penny. It is not anywhere near that catagory. Not trying to cut your buddys pistol but that's just the way it is.

Didn't see the last couple post before I started typing. To have never been fired or chambered it has a really rough idiot mark. There is serious relief of the lettering on the slide. If this was new old stock yes it would be worth a pretty penny. It is not anywhere near that catagory. Not trying to cut your buddys pistol but that's just the way it is.

I’m with you on that. He saw what some went for on Gunbroker and thought it may be worth a good bit. But I’m like you, it’s definitely got some “not new” looks about it. I haven’t seen it personally, just going by what he told me.

New info…. He said it was shot a few times when it was new. That explains the mark on the frame. It’s actually his Dad’s gun.

Back
Top Bottom