Colt 6920 OEM2 $725

This will probably open a can of worms, but what exactly makes the Colt superior to the PSA other than the name?
For a long time Colt was the only company that made rifles according to the Technical Data Package (TDP), which was supposed to ensure quality at a certain level.
Several companies come close, maybe even surpass in some areas, like Bravo Company, Daniel Defense, Noveske, and some PSA products.

A reg priced PSA premium Carbine that is complete with stock, hand guard, sights and mag. Low $600's shipped.
For a complete rifle yes, but for someone like you who already has extra parts all over your work bench?
Disclaimer: I have never owned a Colt 6920 but have several PSA lowers and uppers and have built with their parts, but I'd get this Colt if something of mine would sell.

Cheaper isn't always better. You get what you pay for.
I can build a better rifle than the Ruger for that price, I can't build better than the Colt at its price.
Yeah you can. $585 for a complete BCM upper minus handguards. $150 for a Complete PSA Classic complete lower with stock. That's $735. Take away the "value" of the stock and your right in line for $725.

Granted, it will never sell for as much as the Colt will used....

For a complete rifle yes, but for someone like you who already has extra parts all over your work bench?
Disclaimer: I have never owned a Colt 6920 but have several PSA lowers and uppers and have built with their parts, but I'd get this Colt if something of mine would sell.
I see the point, but I was simply saying an apples to apples rifle made of extremely similar, if not the same quality parts.

Will never argue the resale on a Colt. They will ALWAYS bring more than a PSA rifle similarly equipped.

For a long time Colt was the only company that made rifles according to the Technical Data Package (TDP), which was supposed to ensure quality at a certain level.
Several companies come close, maybe even surpass in some areas, like Bravo Company, Daniel Defense, Noveske, and some PSA products.

Does that make a big difference for someone like myself who owns an AR only for recreational shooting/home defense? I don't think I'll ever shoot competitively or have to take a head shot on someone at 800 yds.......... Not knocking the Colt brand, but I think there are many comparable weapons out there for less coin (the very same reason I own a Gen. 2 PT111).

Does that make a big difference for someone like myself who owns an AR only for recreational shooting/home defense? I don't think I'll ever shoot competitively or have to take a head shot on someone at 800 yds.......... Not knocking the Colt brand, but I think there are many comparable weapons out there for less coin (the very same reason I own a Gen. 2 PT111).
Maybe not, but like anything else the more you know the better off you are. You can get a quality AR for around $600, maybe less, if you build it, but you can also spend more and get less, if that makes sense.
There are less expensive options than this Colt, like Wallace pointed out and I referred to earlier, but there are AR's posted on this site for more that are not as good.

Last edited:
maybe not, but like anything else the more you know the better off you are. You can get a quality AR for around $699, maybe less, if you build it, but you can also spend more and get less, if that makes sense.
There are less expensive options than this Colt, like Wallace pointed out and I referred to earlier, but there are AR's posted on this site for more that are not as good.
Very good points, I agree with all of them. The old saying "you get what you pay for" doesn't apply nowadays as much as it used to........

Back
Top Bottom