COLT COBRA help

mclovin

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
4   0
Reaction score
IMG_1210.JPG
IMG_1211.JPG
I need some help with a value. Thanks in advance.

I am just looking for a value. I feel like its worth that or even a little more. Some one is trying to sell this and doesn't know what the value is but she needs money so I wanted to be fair with her but still be able to get my money out of it.

I would guess $800-$900. Less if it is in pretty rough shape. I could be way off and Others will be along shortly that know much more than I do.

This is the second issue Cobra with the shrouded ejector port. Mfg 1973-1981.
The Blue Book I have shows:
100% $675, 98% $625, 95% $500, 90% $400, 80% $295.
The book is only a reference guide, in my judgement it is relatively accurate for the Cobra. I am certain someone will disagree.
There was a fully functional Agent LW with the shrouded ejector port that had been duracoated (probably due to finish wear) that recently traded hands on ODT a few times in the $350 range. Your pictures indicate finish wear, however I prefer seeing the wear on the original finish to a new coating on a colt revolver.
This link is serial numbers through 1978, if it is 1978 or earlier you can determine the year manufactured:
http://proofhouse.com/colt/index.html

I agree with flyfisherman. I have traded into and out of several so I would give you a range based on the photos you provide and how bad someone wants it vs. how bad you want to get rid of it. If it were mine, I wouldn't take less than $300 and would certainly give no more than $500 given the condition it is in. YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom