• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Colt Competition 1911 45 ACP

wesman5060

Default rank <1500 posts Lifetime Supporter
Anointed With Cosmoline
51   0
Reaction score
Recently picked up my new Colt Comp from a fellow ODTer and just wanted to do a little review on it. The Colt Comp in 45 ACP retails for $899 but I thankfully was able to pick it up BNIB for less than that. Some noted features of the pistol are the National Match barrel, Novac sights, VZ grips, undercut trigger guard, blue fiber optic sight, and the dual recoil springs. The pistol came out of the box shooting a bit to the left but the Novac sights make zeroing in a breeze. The National Match barrel simply adds accuracy to an already very accurate gun. The VZ grips and undercut trigger guard gives you a nice high and firm grip. The dual recoil springs cut a lot of the recoil off of shooting and makes for quicker follow up shots. The only thing i didnt particularly like was the blue fiber optic sights which to me just dont stand out very well and looks like a black front sight towards the evening. Thankfully they include 3 extra fiber rods (red, green, and an extra blue) which I switched out for red. I put 100 rounds of Winchester 230 grain down range with 3 failure to ejects which I contribute to breaking in the gun. Overall Im pretty much in love with this handgun. Definitely an undervalued handgun for only $899. If youre looking to get into competition shooting but dont want to break the bank then this is the pistol for you.

This is my first review so Im sorry if I did something wrong lol.

Thanks for reading!
20180531_010554.jpg

Back
Top Bottom