• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Colt LE6920 AR15 $852+ $5.99 shipping, no tax!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to give a heads up: Had a terrible customer service experience with Grabagun.com. Can best be summed up as somewhere between comically inept and deliberately deceptive. Really left my blood boiling, and I rarely ever get ticked off at such things. Had to open a BBB complaint and a dispute on the credit card charge.

Just want to give a heads up: Had a terrible customer service experience with Grabagun.com. Can best be summed up as somewhere between comically inept and deliberately deceptive. Really left my blood boiling, and I rarely ever get ticked off at such things. Had to open a BBB complaint and a dispute on the credit card charge.
Care to elaborate? I've bought stuff from them before and had a great experience. They ship everything extremely fast (unlike Buds). They even extended my layaway for an additional 3 months once.

Mine arrived quickly, $858 total. Very good experience. Several online stores had the same OD 6920 around the same price but most have sold out or prices went back up. I never would have believed I could get a Colt 6920 for $858!

Care to elaborate? I've bought stuff from them before and had a great experience. They ship everything extremely fast (unlike Buds). They even extended my layaway for an additional 3 months once.

Ordered a Keystone 10060 (.920" fluted bull) rifle barrel for my Ruger 10/22 from the Grabagun web site. They shipped me a Keystone 10050 (.920" plain) barrel.

Not a big deal. The incorrect product was suitable for my purposes, but was priced $9 less on the GrabAGun site. Sent them an email asking that they correct the problem with either a $9 refund, or ship the correct product, and pay for return shipping back on the incorrect product.

Waited two days, no word back from the email. Called them up. Customer service was confused, couldn't find 10050 on the site anymore. Asks if he can call me back. When he calls me back, he tells me I got "the correct product for the price I paid," due to a mistake on the web site. I explain that I have an invoice in hand showing I paid for the fluted barrel model, and the product they shipped is the non-fluted model. He said that's the word he had from his VP. I asked to speak with the VP. Was told he wasn't available. I said let's undo this transaction, ask him to send me a return shipping label. The rep tells me I would have to pay return shipping because I had received "the correct product for the price I paid." Couldn't believe what I was hearing. A few minutes of discussion got me nowhere with the rep. It was clear to me he wasn't comfortable with what he was telling me, but he had his marching orders.

Call my credit card company to let them know I might want to dispute the charge, so they could send me the paperwork. They flagged the transaction and sent me the forms.

I opened a BBB complaint. A few days later, Grabagun responds on the BBB site with "it was the customer service reps fault for bad communication." They offer me a refund if $20 for my trouble. I email them, said just refund me the $9 you owe me, and I'll close the BBB case. Wasn't too thrilled that they were throwing the rep under the bus. It was obvious he was just the messenger. The next day, get an email with a refund receipt for $9, to a card number that doesn't belong to me, with the cardholder's name "Jerry Lewis". Frustrating, to say the least. I email them to point out the mistake. No response. I email them again a week later. No response. By this time, BBB has closed the case.

I've filed the dispute paperwork with my credit card provider; GrabAGun can waste time with them. I documented everything carefully because of how pissed off I was. I don't care about the $9. This was clearly a case of bait and switch, followed by really poor customer service. Hopefully, the episode will be costly enough to them in terms of time wasted that they'll realize the correct resolution is simply to do the right thing in the first place.

When I was filing the BBB case, I read other cases filed against Grabagun. Noticed this was a bit of a pattern, for similar types of situations.

Because of their aggressive pricing, I suspect thy don't have enough margin to deal with customer service issues very effectively. That's an ok business model if you are diligent about not making mistakes. It's not an ok business model if you plan to cover your ass by shifting responsibility for errors to the customer and dodging the issue.

Last edited:
^Too bad. I've bought a couple of firearms form them and both went very smooth. I can understand that things like this can happen, though. Hopefully, I never have to use their CS.

^Too bad. I've bought a couple of firearms form them and both went very smooth. I can understand that things like this can happen, though. Hopefully, I never have to use their CS.

I understand things happen, too. I run a small business and occasionally make mistakes where my first effort to serve a customer doesn't come out right.

But I don't try to blame my customers or make them pay for my errors.

A real head-scratcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom