• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Colt LE6920

AK74U

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
89   1
Reaction score
I bought my first AR-15 last year. And since day one, everyone has said. If you're going to get an AR-15, it has to be Colt. I was torn between Colt, Armalite, and Rock River. Done research, and decided on the Colt. Went to the range 2 weeks ago finally took her out. People have said that Colt has lost some accuracy in the last few years but I think they're wrong. The LE 6920 is a tack driver, high quality AR-15. The 1/7 twist is great for shooting XM193. Also shot some XM855, both consumed by the Colt with no problems. Anyone looking for an AR-15 and have $1200 to spend, this is hard to beat!!!!!!!

If you think that 193 shoots good out of it, run some 77 grain through it!
It will make you look like a WAY better shooter!!

Congrats

I am looking at getting my first AR as well and am looking at the Colt LE6920 and the Sig M400. I tend to be a traditionalist and like the Colt for that reason. They both seem like very fine rifles. Any input would be great.

I also looked at the Sig M400. The Sig is an awesome AR-15. I heard the M400 shoots slightly better than the Colt (From a shooter who owns both, not me). But the Colt holds it's value more than the Sig. The Colt is the exact same version that the Armed Forces are issued. So if you want the closes thing the a M4 Carbine, get the Colt. If you plan on hitting targets and shooting a lot get the Sig. I also wouldn't knock down Rock River. They only make AR-15's and certain models guarantee 1 moa @ 100. Is price a factor??

One thing to mention is that the Colt LE6920 is a FULL Mil Spec AR-15. Also, do some research about choosing a Mil Spec gun from a non Mil Spec gun. There are differences!!!

I am looking at getting my first AR as well and am looking at the Colt LE6920 and the Sig M400. I tend to be a traditionalist and like the Colt for that reason. They both seem like very fine rifles. Any input would be great.
you can spend the money for a name but it shoots no different than my PSA and would gladly put that to a test...

you can spend the money for a name but it shoots no different than my PSA and would gladly put that to a test...
I believe that the 6920 uses an AR15 profile carrier too vs the full weight M16 that PSA uses in their premium carbines. Could be wrong about the Colt, but remember noticing that looking at one a while back.

Resale is higher on the Colt(but it also costs more) but the better value is the PSA rifle.

Back
Top Bottom