• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Colt M4A1 SOCOM Carbine - US Govt Property Marked $1400 free shipping

fast306stang

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
376   0
Reaction score
I'm not a collector so I never got why the roll mark on any Colt lower makes one more valuable than another.

In this case, it's more than just the rollmark. No other Colt or other ARs are offered with a legit 14.5 SOCOM barrel, Knight's RAS, and I'm pretty sure no one else offers the Matech. Which of course you can change all of that stuff on your own rifle, but this factory build will maintain value. I know it's also a limited run but I'm not sure of how many.

In this case, it's more than just the rollmark. No other Colt or other ARs are offered with a legit 14.5 SOCOM barrel, Knight's RAS, and I'm pretty sure no one else offers the Matech. Which of course you can change all of that stuff on your own rifle, but this factory build will maintain value. I know it's also a limited run but I'm not sure of how many.

I've seen factory SOCOM uppers for around $550 on G & R Tacticals website, not sure how much the rails would add to that but how would I know the difference in a complete factory build and one someone put together with Colt parts? Unless they have the 'box & docs' I would be clueless.
Not that I would be looking at buying a 1500 dollar AR.

I've seen factory SOCOM uppers for around $550 on G & R Tacticals website, not sure how much the rails would add to that but how would I know the difference in a complete factory build and one someone put together with Colt parts? Unless they have the 'box & docs' I would be clueless.

You're right, would be hard to know. In this case, a buyer would definitely want to keep the box and all documentation IMO

Someone wanting a SOCOM clone could get a 6920 and build one, but it would be close to this price before they sold off the original barrel and rear sight. At the end they would still have a built clone within a couple hundred dollars of this factory build. It's definitely not for everyone... November Sierra November Sierra nailed it lol

I just looked on that website, it doesn't look like those uppers have the bcg or ch?

Back
Top Bottom