Colt- Silver Star / Python, value?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SafeCracka

Hen of Fame Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
341   0
Reaction score
I'm not looking to let these go at this time but I would be interested to see if anyone knows what these pistols are REALLY worth.

(a "FAIR" selling price)

Colt-

Silver Star: like new condition / has original box

Python: used / no box

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 66
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 65
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Python no box,doesn't have original grips. It appears to be stainless,a value today would be (prices are crazy right now) $2800-$3000.00 IMHO.

Python no box,doesn't have original grips. It appears to be stainless,a value today would be (prices are crazy right now) $2800-$3000.00 IMHO.

I've been on the lookout for a similar Python but with a 6" barrel. Kman's hit the number I had in my head when I saw this thread. That's a good range for the national market. I'd expect it to sell here for a bit less, should you decide to post it. Just my thoughts, ymmv...Check out the Colt Forum. The guys there are helpful and would dial you in on the going price...

The Colt’s Silver Star MKIV Series 80 in bright stainless. Colt’s issued 1000 of this special edition during 1984. Last time I saw one for sale was 3 years ago. Right around $1200.

That python is either e-nickel or has been refinished. The serial number would help out a lot. It is not a stainless python as it would have features it does not (blue, not silver, sight pins and a ribbed cylinder release). Someone either changed the sights (they should be black front and black rear not red ramp front) on it or refinished the gun at some point. It is most likely worth around $1800-$2k depending on those variables.

If you can give us a partial serial number we can prob figure some of the variables out. It should start with a K prefix or it has def been refinished. Good news is that if it's a factory e-nickel or "coltguard" finish it is more valuable than a regular nickel python.

Last edited:
That python is either e-nickel or has been refinished. The serial number would help out a lot. It is not a stainless python as it would have features it does not (blue, not silver, sight pins and a ribbed cylinder release). Someone either changed the sights (they should be black front and black rear not red ramp front) on it or refinished the gun at some point. It is most likely worth around $1800-$2k depending on those variables.

More clues,very interesting facts I will squirrel away! I'm always skeptical with anything colt these days. I put "appears" to be stainless,because you never know anymore. My guess is a replaced front sight. Sure would like the serial number to date it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom