• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Colt stops long gun production. (merged threads)

I'd say that's a bit of a stretch. "mediocre at best" come on man.
In today's market? Yes. Mediocre is exactly what they are. Stop being butthurt about it, there are dozens of AR that have better QC, excellent barrels, and components that rival and exceed Colt for equal or less money.

But mah' Colt. Sure, it'll be nice to have a few and flip them for when they go up, but again, that's because of the name, not because they're exceptionally good.

Watch ODT in the next couple of days list Colts for DD, LaRue, and LMT prices.

The comments section is telling. Random comments blaming unions. Union guy going nuts over the comments.

I don't know much of anything about what's going on behind the scenes that prompted Colt's decision, but the unions being an issue wouldn't surprise me.

For example, the unions helped drive Winchester out of business. The cost to manufacture a Winchester 70 kept going up and up, while at the same time the quality went down and down. They close up their doors, then FN brought the Win70 back with production in Columbia SC. Those SC-built Win70's exhibited a much higher level of fit and finish than Winchester ever did in Connecticut, and shot better to boot. They've moved production again, this time to Portugal, and I've heard good things, but don't have any experience with them.

In today's market? Yes. Mediocre is exactly what they are. Stop being butthurt about it, there are dozens of AR that have better QC, excellent barrels, and components that rival and exceed Colt for equal or less money.

But mah' Colt. Sure, it'll be nice to have a few and flip them for when they go up, but again, that's because of the name, not because they're exceptionally good.

Watch ODT in the next couple of days list Colts for DD, LaRue, and LMT prices.

What makes me butt hurt? Nobody has posted any FACTS yet about how "mediocre" they are. Not even you.

Back
Top Bottom