Colt War-Horse

SouthernSlammed

Default rank 5000+ posts
Gingerbeard Operator
92   0
Reaction score
Just discovered that there is a unicorn in my stalls!

Went to visit my fighting grandfather. He has been having some up and down ordeals with melanoma cancer. He is back on the up-swing right now, got some focus radiation done recently. But, he is in the greatest of spirits, and knows that he has had a blessed life and couldn't ask for anything better!

Anyways... on my visit yesterday, he let me know that he has a Colt M1911, that my Great Grandfather brought out from his service in the Navy, back in 1920. Had no idea that this little pony lurked around! I am beyond words! He always states how proud he is of me, however I'm not sure I know what it is I have done for him to be so proud of me, I'm so proud that he is my granfather!

Here she is though, he replaced the slide on it for better sites, but also still had the original slide that was on it!
1918 Colt 1911.jpg

He stated that the original slide was re-blued, but looking it over, I believe, maybe, that the new slide and frame have also been re-blued as well. This is just based on the engraving on the new slide is very thin.

Wow wow wow!

So cool to be able to reminisce with your Grandfather about his military service....but for him to bring out his service weapon is just incredible! Like you said, beyond words!

Congrats on still having him in your life and for this incredible connection if interests!

Back
Top Bottom