• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Complete lower $99

I see no problem with this lower if you want to do a dedicated .22lr build. The poly buffer tube won't matter because you won't be using a buffer. The only potential problem I can think of is the poly hammer not having enough force the reliably ignite rimfire ammo.

For anything bigger than .22lr though, I'd pony up a few more bucks and get an aluminum lower.

I see no problem with this lower if you want to do a dedicated .22lr build. The poly buffer tube won't matter because you won't be using a buffer. The only potential problem I can think of is the poly hammer not having enough force the reliably ignite rimfire ammo.

For anything bigger than .22lr though, I'd pony up a few more bucks and get an aluminum lower.
But why even chance that it might break on you when metal lowers are $40-50?

But why even chance that it might break on you when metal lowers are $40-50?
I'd rather have a metal lower no doubt, but if a poly was all I had, I wouldn't be scared to shoot .22lr with it. I've handled a New Frontier poly lower before and it seemed plenty strong enough for .22lr. It did have a metal buffer tube though. I've actually never even seen a poly buffer tube before, but I would guess that it would be kinda flimsy in the threaded area.

But yes, with metal lowers as cheap as they are right now, I would definitely go that route given a choice.

Everything has to start somewhere. Not saying these are good just saying atm plastic is the future.
If videos of Glocks breaking during normal use were all over Youtube, they would catch **** too lol...but they aren't. If these polymer lowers were $10 I'd be more okay with them =/. But to each his own.

Back
Top Bottom