• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Complete lower $99

What does and upper run and do you have to ship to ffl to order them

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
The only part of an AR that has to be shipped to an FFL is the lower receiver. Everything else can be bought online and shipped straight to you.

The only part of an AR that has to be shipped to an FFL is the lower receiver. Everything else can be bought online and shipped straight to you.
I have never owned one but have friends who have bought entire guns already put together for more than I want to spend and they have them cleaned at a local shop because they said they are to complex to take apart and work on

I have never owned one but have friends who have bought entire guns already put together for more than I want to spend and they have them cleaned at a local shop because they said they are to complex to take apart and work on

You need to get some new friends then. LOL
(Just kidding)

Seriously though, there's a reason people call the AR15 "the lego system of guns". They're easy to put together, and very easy to clean and maintain.

There are tons of great youtube "how to" vids on AR's, and you can always post any questions you have about them here on ODT. There are lots of AR guys here that are more than happy to help others.

Here's a video with some good info, of course you can find tons more info/videos on Full30.com and Youtube. If you need help or have questions about AR15s feel free to send me a PM, happy to help.

http://gundigest.com/more/gundigest-tv/video-ar-15-cleaning-and-maintenance

I truly mean no disrespect by this. Everyone has to start somewhere, but...

Not sure where you are located but you really need to take an introductory class before you jump into the gun building thing. @TruPrep has a basic AR cleaning and maintenance class this Saturday. I'd highly recommend you take it (or something similar). Just because you can, doesn't always mean you should. Ignorance isn't always bliss and it sure isn't an excuse.

I would just buy an entry level AR to start with and get familiar with assembly and disassembly before trying to start with a stripped lower, AR's are cheap right now and the market is flooded with them

Back
Top Bottom