• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Computer help/advice needed

77REBELBOWTIE

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
43   0
Reaction score
I have noticed the use of multiple monitors on computer setups and have been wondering about the benefits. How do you set this type of system up?

Also curious about what programs you guys use to maintain the performance of you pc?

While im reaching out for information, do we have any hughes net users?

You will either need dual (or more) videocards, or video cards with multiple outputs. Beaware that not all cards will play well with each other and that sometimes one has to start first or it will not run at all. As many computer systems have integrated video adding one sepearte and a compatible video card, plus a second monitor, may be all you need! I have 3 24" wide screen Viewsonic LCD monitors on my Quad-core.

I have been using 2-3 monitors for years and like it a lot. The human component is clearly the slowest part of the modern system and allowing myself to see and work with more information at the same time really boosts my productivity.

Of course, the Operating System must also support it, but most modern systems, since Windows 98SP2, do.

As to computer performance, make sure you have enough RAM, tweak all your settings, keep it clean of spy and Malware, disable unneeded services in MSC and you should be good to go!

I have never dealt with "Hughes net" are they a video service?

Please PM me if you need more help, I would be happy to talk you through it on the phone.

Last edited:
Been 'Dueling' for years now. Just replace the vid card with one that has multiple ports, WAY easier than trying to make two vid cards place nice with each other.

Been 'Dueling' for years now. Just replace the vid card with one that has multiple ports, WAY easier than trying to make two vid cards place nice with each other.
Well that could be true, but as many modern systems have integrated video, you are either going to have to disable that or get a card that will not conflict with it. I have been running multiple monitors since DOS! LoL;)

Back
Top Bottom