• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cook's holsters

captdave77

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The ODT's official HVAC guy
109   0
Reaction score
I carry IWB just about everyday and it is hell on my daily pistol. I resisted kydex because I figured hard plastic would be uncomfortable but I was really wrong. This thing is way better than any leather or fabric IWB holster I have tried.

Bob's holsters are addictive.

I used to have the same thoughts as you and would only buy leather for IWB carry.

I find the extreme thinness of kydex to be ever more comfortable than the "softness" of leather.

I thin I'm up to 9 or 10 peices from Cook's!

I carry IWB just about everyday and it is hell on my daily pistol. I resisted kydex because I figured hard plastic would be uncomfortable but I was really wrong. This thing is way better than any leather or fabric IWB holster I have tried.

I carried a 23 or 19 off & on in an all leather Milt Sparks Heritage holster for 15 years before switching (w/ considerable hesitation) to a Comp-Tac hybrid MTAC/ Minotaur. It wasn't bad at all but around 4 or 5 years ago I saw "klarktx" at CCW's shop & he showed me the all kydex Comp-Tac he was using. Soon after I ordered one & it wasn't long after that before I had 5 of them.

I have found nothing better for everyday use in all conditions... including long hot & humid days on the range.
They have eve replaced my Raven Concealment Phantoms that now sit in my range bag during classes.

Just ordered a Cooks for a G-42 from a member on here to use as a range loaner for students.... curious on what the feedback will be.
They look well-built.

I carried a 23 or 19 off & on in an all leather Milt Sparks Heritage holster for 15 years before switching (w/ considerable hesitation) to a Comp-Tac hybrid MTAC/ Minotaur. It wasn't bad at all but around 4 or 5 years ago I saw "klarktx" at CCW's shop & he showed me the all kydex Comp-Tac he was using. Soon after I ordered one & it wasn't long after that before I had 5 of them.

I have found nothing better for everyday use in all conditions... including long hot & humid days on the range.
They have eve replaced my Raven Concealment Phantoms that now sit in my range bag during classes.

Just ordered a Cooks for a G-42 from a member on here to use as a range loaner for students.... curious on what the feedback will be.
They look well-built.
Post up a pic,sounds pretty cool!!

I personally had a bad experience with them. I tried to get a holster made for a pistol with a WML, and was told they wouldn't do it. When I pointed out it was on their website they young lady on the phone argued with me about it. When I asked to speak to the owner I was told he wasn't available. When I left feedback on their Facebook page I was ignored. I'll spend my money elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom