• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cool project we're working on for you history guys.

I read in Survival Magazine probably 20 years ago that there was no state or fed agency that regulates flame throwers. So basically if you could find one in working order and you were brave enough to strap it on then there was nothing to stop you.
Sorry but this song immediately came to me as soon as I saw the project. Good luck getting it out of your head.:afro:

Yep, its an agricultural burning device. No projectiles=No regulation

Yep, its an agricultural burning device. No projectiles=No regulation
Okay well lets just keep in mind how VERY important all the little parts will be. You know little ten cent parts like an O ring or a seal could make all the difference in the world. I will refer you back to around 1986 and a certain space shuttle we lit the fuse on.

While you have it, why not duplicate it a couple dozen times and make some quasi-accurate reproductions for us "Collectors"? I'd be interested in one? Can it use pump fuel?

did it not have an ignitor? Will it use the torch head with a propane can under it or does it just need the peizo clicker?

Okay well lets just keep in mind how VERY important all the little parts will be. You know little ten cent parts like an O ring or a seal could make all the difference in the world. I will refer you back to around 1986 and a certain space shuttle we lit the fuse on.
Semantics, blah blah blah
Safety third.

No ****, I will be thoroughly confident in a non fail situation before I leave my kids fatherless for ****s and giggles.

While you have it, why not duplicate it a couple dozen times and make some quasi-accurate reproductions for us "Collectors"? I'd be interested in one? Can it use pump fuel?

did it not have an ignitor? Will it use the torch head with a propane can under it or does it just need the peizo clicker?

According to homeboy they had a revolver sort of thing with magnesium match heads that burned for 30+ seconds each. You have about 30-45 seconds of fuel pressure time stream. So you strike a match with a clicker and you can squirt hell for 30 seconds in small bursts before having to strike another magnesium starter. Apparently these are just impossible to find so he rigged up a torch to it. The fuel can be regular diesel but the actual fuel is a gelatinized diesel. We have some gelifier stuff,. Gasoline is not recommended. This is not one of those ones you can just buy off the interwebs. It operates at 500 PSI. The round tank is a pressure ball and the smaller cylinder is the pressure step down tank, the big tank is a fuel cell. I imagine it is an eerie feeling to strap one of these own ready to go. Especially with the krauts or Charlie whizzing bullets by you.

Back
Top Bottom