• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Coosa River 6/27/15 - New Personal Best

Heritage Park, downtown Rome, GA. You have the Oostanaula and Etowah rivers meeting in downtown Rome to form the start of the Coosa river. So you have 3 options there and we have caught big Stripers and Catfish at various times out of all of them. We had an even better day than this trip, up the Oosty a few miles from that ramp several years ago.

There is generation for both (Carters/Oosty and Allattona/Etowah) so you might want to check USGS site if you're in a kayak.

Someday we've got to try the Tennesssee River for a really big fish.

Last edited:
Heritage Park, downtown Rome, GA. You have the Oostanaula and Etowah rivers meeting in downtown Rome to form the start of the Coosa river. So you have 3 options there and we have caught big Stripers and Catfish at various times out of all of them. We had an even better day than this trip, up the Oosty a few miles from that ramp several years ago.

There is generation for both (Carters/Oosty and Allattona/Etowah) so you might want to check USGS site if you're in a kayak.

Trust me, there are some BIG fish in the coosa. Our biggest this year was a 56 pound blue but my father in law has done better than that!

Thanks. I've caught some big stripes in the lower etowah just below the t-w dam. I've never been further than the bridge on euharlee in a kayak.

Trust me, there are some BIG fish in the coosa. Our biggest this year was a 56 pound blue but my father in law has done better than that!

Yep, know several folks in our little club several years ago that have caught well over 50 pounds in the Coosa basin, but I think the TN (at least below Chickamauga) has quite a bit higher density of those truly big cats than the Coosa.

Back
Top Bottom