Coronavirus Pandemic (many threads merged)

Is the Coronavirus going to cause a pandemic in the USA?

• Yes

Votes: 197 43.4%
  • No

Votes: 127 28.0%
  • Too Early to guess

Votes: 130 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
0*efeuuhyvZmaz7Bnc.jpeg

From what I've seen the death toll in 1st world countries (China mostly isn't) is under 100. This years flu has killed well over 1000 in the US alone, and we're only halfway through the season.

Not ready to panic yet...

Some folks are saying it is no big deal and I pray they are correct but how many times do we see Americans evacuated from China? Why are all these people that are sick in quarantine ? I heard one Dr on TV say it was no worse than the common cold.
Sum ting funny to me.

Some folks are saying it is no big deal and I pray they are correct but how many times do we see Americans evacuated from China? Why are all these people that are sick in quarantine ? I heard one Dr on TV say it was no worse than the common cold.
Sum ting funny to me.

The common cold doesnt have a 3%mortality rate. That's why it's best to look at official disease stats than listen to talking heads.
With knowledge of....
2.5 r0
3%mortality
And 2 week asymptomatic, contagious incubation period

you don't need to listen to talking heads. Just do the math and draw your own conclusions. I'm surprised it hasn't hit Africa harder yet. A lot of traffic between Africa and China and not much medical care.

Back
Top Bottom