Corrosive Ammo through 7.62 suppressor

Laxguy59

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
64   0
Reaction score
Do you guys do anything to your rifle cans after firing corrosive ammo through it? I'm getting the Mosin threaded up for my Specwar and I have a bunch of non-corrosive ammo, but figured if I could safely shoot the corrosive I might.

I figured just flush it with water and run my air compressor through it to get the moisture out.

Not a can owner. But corrosive doesn't seem to affect anything non-ferrous. I'm not sure if it affects stainless or not.

I shoot a lot of corrosive and have found that if I use my wife's electric kettle to boil the water before I pour it through the internals, drying isn't as critical as when I use my Windex/Simple Green mixture.

Not a can owner. But corrosive doesn't seem to affect anything non-ferrous. I'm not sure if it affects stainless or not.

I shoot a lot of corrosive and have found that if I use my wife's electric kettle to boil the water before I pour it through the internals, drying isn't as critical as when I use my Windex/Simple Green mixture.

well with a rifle can it's a smart idea to not have moisture in the can which can cause pressure issues during shooting

Just about all if not all ammo was corrosive during wwii. The British killed the **** outta folks with suppressed sten guns. As long as you clean it and use really hot water and/or ballistol afterwards I don't think it will hurt anything.

Back
Top Bottom