• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Corssbow target?

NWGeorgiaSquatchman

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
Sons Of Thunder
162   0
Reaction score
Picked up a Raven R10 off of here and want to be practicing. Wondering what some you crossbow guys use for targets? ive had several blocks before but just want to make sure that whatever I use can handle the speed (maybe I sound stupid asking but im new to crossbows). Any recommendations on 3D targets as well? Thanks fellers

I use a Big Shot target which is crossbow rated with my compound bow. I love it. After getting into the sport, I quickly found that my least favorite part was pulling arrows out of targets. The Big Shot target I bought doesn't have that problem. Arrows pull out with ease. I haven't shot it with a crossbow but I bought it from Army Navy store in Stockbridge and they use one on their range with crossbows and told me theirs is 3 years old and holding up strong with all the shooting they do up there. I'm new to the sport myself so I don't have a lot of experience with other targets. I've always heard good things about Rinehart targets though.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I use a Big Shot target which is crossbow rated with my compound bow. I love it. After getting into the sport, I quickly found that my least favorite part was pulling arrows out of targets. The Big Shot target I bought doesn't have that problem. Arrows pull out with ease. I haven't shot it with a crossbow but I bought it from Army Navy store in Stockbridge and they use one on their range with crossbows and told me theirs is 3 years old and holding up strong with all the shooting they do up there. I'm new to the sport myself so I don't have a lot of experience with other targets. I've always heard good things about Rinehart targets though.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

They make an “easy grip” puller to pull arrows/bolts out of targets very easily. They are about $5.00 I believe. Came with a clip to put on your belt loop. You can find them at academy sports. I found it very useful when using 3D targets.

Morrell Double Duty 450FPS Field Point Bag Archery Target - for Crossbows, Compounds, Traditional Bows and Airbows . $70 amazon. Pull bolts out with two fingers. My bow is 390fps and has no problem stopping them. 4 sides with different designs.

Not for broadheads

I used the pressed foam sheet blocks with mine with field tips for years ...worked well until the weather finally deteriorated the foam to where it’s not so great any longer.
I bought “the block” crossbow target and it works fine although it has a hard shell that leaves all the holes from your shot so eventually your block with be full of holes in your hot target spots.
I guess it’s okay but I liked my foam one better as the holes did not show up and the bolt made a softer hit during penetration.......the block makes a hard punch sound and I wonder if that can stress carbon bolts during impact.
They make the soft foam broadhead blocks but with the prices of broad heads I don’t know many people who practice with them.
I just use weight grain matching field tips and practice from my stand before the season starts and I’m G-T-G.

I got the morrell blackout xbow target after My bolts flew thru the block without slowing down, ruined the fletching on 2 brand new blood sport bolts. stops the bolt and easy to remove

Back
Top Bottom