• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

costco 1000 lumens

Went to Costco 2 days ago. Finally got a membership. Saw this 1000 for 14.95. Bought one. Got in the car and realized it rang up for 4.95 at the dunwoody location. Went back in and got 5 more. My dad came into town today to get him some. They were sold out. In its place was the new version 1300 lumens. $18. He bought one of those. We drove to the Brookhaven location. They still had some of the 1000 lumens. Took them to check out and they were )14.95. They wouldn't honor the price I had on a receipt for the others. I think I could have bitched and got a manager to do something about it but there was a long line and I'm not that guy. Interested to see how powerful the 1300 is tonight. Also, the C battery packs(14 count) were $11.98 at Brookhaven and $18.95 at the Dunwoody location. Don't like the difference in prices at different locations. Makes me feel like I am going to have to drive to each b4 making a purchase ;).

I'll open the 1300 to see if it locks in place.

Don't lock into place, but there is more resistance. When I stand the 1000 on the lense it slowly moves down. The 1300 stays in place.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    107.6 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    105.8 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    110.7 KB · Views: 16
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    53.2 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    58.7 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Now that was a deal sublime. The tailcap took a crap on one of mine. When I click to turn it on it just flashes once then back off. Swapped out the cap with another one I have to confirm that is the issue and it works. Let us know how the 1300 compares at night. Might have to get a buddy with a Costco membership to grab one of there's much of a difference. Believe they also had a 1500 online the first of the year...no clue about now.

@Big Ben looks like the 1300 lumen came out cant believe I didn't see them the other day.

sublimebeer sublimebeer you got the deal of a lifetime at $5 they were never supposed to be that low you got lucky on a mismark we got them at $16 when they came out and rose up to $20 by the end.

Im heading to the Kennesaw store now

What kind of warranty do they have? I know the Defiant lights at Home Depot are lifetime warranted through the store. Have a problem and they'll swap it out immediately no questions asked. Just in case I keep the warranty card under the rubber cover on the bell. After buying about 30 or so I took several of the Defiant brand back that I had bought for construction crews to use that were beat to hell and back and even spray painted for easy crew ID with no problems.

What kind of warranty do they have? I know the Defiant lights at Home Depot are lifetime warranted through the store. Have a problem and they'll swap it out immediately no questions asked. Just in case I keep the warranty card under the rubber cover on the bell. After buying about 30 or so I took several of the Defiant brand back that I had bought for construction crews to use that were beat to hell and back and even spray painted for easy crew ID with no problems.

Not sure about warrenty. Don't really care at $5. Wouldn't mind at $14 for the 1000 lumens either. There was a pallet of 1000 lumens(sandy Spring dunwoody). There were no 1300 2 days ago. I had a manager check and he said the 1000 were sold out as of yesterday. I'm sure everyone text buddies once they saw what they rang up as. As I said the Brookhaven location still had a half pallet of 1000 for $14. That's still a good deal. The 14 back of batteries for $12 was a great deal as well.

Last edited:
@ Costco the warranty is whatever you want!!!!!!!! Returned a ohma phone system with box and stuff two years later with a full refund, didn't even have the receipt, they will look it up for you. Great place to buy things.

Now that was a deal sublime. The tailcap took a crap on one of mine. When I click to turn it on it just flashes once then back off. Swapped out the cap with another one I have to confirm that is the issue and it works. Let us know how the 1300 compares at night. Might have to get a buddy with a Costco membership to grab one of there's much of a difference. Believe they also had a 1500 online the first of the year...no clue about now.

Did you try stretching the spring?

Back
Top Bottom