• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Could this be the gun to replace my Shield? (Mossberg MC1) threads merged

I like it, but I don't think that it's going to be successful unless it's significantly cheaper than the S&W Shield. The Shield is already well liked by gun writers, very popular with consumers, and reasonably priced . Why would anybody go with a Mossberg handgun when Mossberg is NOT known for handguns?!
Mosssberg is known for cheap shotguns.
Smith and Wesson has the hugely popular name when it comes to handguns, both revolvers and semi autos these days.

All I can think of is that Mossberg is going to try to undercut the others on price by letting this new single-stack compact 9 x 19 mm pistol have a realistic price of about $300, maybe $50 or $75 less than the S&W and a $100 to $150 less than the Glock.

Personally I think Mossberg should've done something radically different with the sights on this-- they should've made the rear sight outrageously large (wide notch, good for a moving target ) and a taller easy to see front sight with a big bright dot inlaid.
Design the sights for rapid fire, even one handed, at distance is not exceeding 10 yards.
don't copy the dimensions of handgun sights made for full-size military and police pistols where the police officers have to qualify at 25 yards, and the military demands its handguns put them 'em center of mass at 50 yards (or 50 meters).

Okay I'm not good at tech stuff and links and whatnot. But this morning I got an email from GunsAmerica about a new single stack compact 9 from Mossberg. Yes I said Mossberg.
Imngonna go back through my gmail and see if I can copy past and whatever. Anyway it looked interesting except for the fact that I don't see why the market needs ANOTHER single stack 9mm. But maybe it's the beginning of a full line of pistols from them.

yeah, I saw the same thing. Not sure what gap they are trying to fill, perhaps their price point will be the reason it sells.

mossberg-1.jpg

yeah, I saw the same thing. Not sure what gap they are trying to fill, perhaps their price point will be the reason it sells.

mossberg-1.jpg
Thanks for the pic and backup. I was just looking for the email/info. I hope it's successful even though I already own two single stack 9s and have no need for another one. But as I said before I hope it's successful and Mossberg dives into the deep end of the handgun industry. Maybe they could build some sub $400.00 1911s. Better yet they could start building revolvers that don't cost a mortgage payment .

I like it, but I don't think that it's going to be successful unless it's significantly cheaper than the S&W Shield. The Shield is already well liked by gun writers, very popular with consumers, and reasonably priced . Why would anybody go with a Mossberg handgun when Mossberg is NOT known for handguns?!
Mosssberg is known for cheap shotguns.
Smith and Wesson has the hugely popular name when it comes to handguns, both revolvers and semi autos these days.

All I can think of is that Mossberg is going to try to undercut the others on price by letting this new single-stack compact 9 x 19 mm pistol have a realistic price of about $300, maybe $50 or $75 less than the S&W and a $100 to $150 less than the Glock.

Personally I think Mossberg should've done something radically different with the sights on this-- they should've made the rear sight outrageously large (wide notch, good for a moving target ) and a taller easy to see front sight with a big bright dot inlaid.
Design the sights for rapid fire, even one handed, at distance is not exceeding 10 yards.
don't copy the dimensions of handgun sights made for full-size military and police pistols where the police officers have to qualify at 25 yards, and the military demands its handguns put them 'em center of mass at 50 yards (or 50 meters).
It's funny that Mossberg is known for good cheap shotguns and when Smith tried it they failed. I agree that they didn't accomplish a lot here unless it's priced close to Hi Point C9 territory. I do hope they succeed in the handgun market just so they will expand and make more useful models.

Back
Top Bottom