• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Could You Come Up With $400 If Disaster Struck?

We just found a foreclosure for my oldest son that he won the bidding on. He is getting his own financing and has already asked about how to get paid off faster (guess he listened). He doesn't know much yet about the whole buying a house process; but I will be able help him to understand how it works. He is going to be able to buy and reduce his current rent payment by about $400 a month. He will be well inside of his budget and should have good equity once he does a little rehab.

Quoted for truth! My son's buddy (middle school) is on subsidized lunches, is always at our house to eat but rest assured he always has the nicest Nikes on his feet and latest high dollar cell phone (much nicer than my son). Priorities....

Out talking to the neighbor just now..
People up the street one drives a Lincoln the other drives a Mercedes..
Both of their children are on free lunch...

To echo you...priorties...

I do not buy anything I cannot pay cash for. My truck has 354000 miles. Wife's van 256000 miles. Paid for several years back. Every now and then a repair. But it is usually cheaper than 1 months payment. Have only house payment and business expenses. But took several years of stupidity to get here.
And yes I can come up with $400 cash. Always keep gun / emergency money around.

Yep. I have a brick of .22 lr.
I'm set!

(I wish I could cover my "disasters" with $400.00, mine all seem to be hovering between the $500 and $1200 marks!)

Agreed. I feel like as I get older the "disasters" are getting more and more expensive. $400 disasters were like my early to mid-twenties disasters. I miss those disasters sometimes.

Agree 100%. We need to teach kids about CC debt and student loan debt for that matter. Taking 60k out in student loans for a liberal arts degree is ludicrous!

I would love to see a "Real World Economics" in the school system!
The ones in power rely too much on the lower class being UN-educated. So public school will never be the source of such teachings.

Back
Top Bottom