• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Counter Sniper 2-16X44 scope

I did a little research on the brand? There's a lot of strong opinions both positive and negative.

Again, I've never seen one myself, but if I'm looking at a target scope I usually, but no always start looking for something in a fixed power scope.

Most of the time I end up finding a better deal on a variable though. The 2X on the low end doesn't appeal to me. The 16 is about the minimum max I'll choose.

I try to use a variable somewhere below it's max. I tend to look at 24X and shoot them around 20X. I rarely buy top drawer stuff, because I don't shoot that far or enough to justify $3K for optics. I've been pleased with the Sightron target scopes in the $450.00 to $650.00 range.

I like simple, no lighted anything. I've had good service from Weaver T series scopes too. I have a couple of the Grand Slam variables on my rimfires that work well for me. The eye relief ain't what I'd want on a heavy recoiling rifle, but none of my target stuff have that characteristic.

I've been thinking of trying another one of Midway's Nikon 6 X 18 mildot for one of my bull barrel .223's. It has 50 MOA of internal adjustment and that should be plenty for me.

Back
Top Bottom