• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Counterfeit Sig red dot

kuduboss

Army Icon
Frontiersman
74   0
Reaction score
Around July 2021 I bought a Sig Romeo 5 and never used it. Stuck it in the back of the safe for 2 years and forgot I had it. Put it on a rifle a few months ago and noticed a red cloudy haze above the red dot. Finally got around to contacting Sig Sauer about the problem and the first thing they did was send me 3 pictures of a Romeo 5 and asked me to take the same pictures of mine and send them back. Sure enough, it's counterfeit. Because it's been so long ago, I can't remember where I got it but I'm pretty sure it was on Amazon. No chance of recovering anything so I'll have to eat it. My buddy bought a Lolex so my lesson wasn't quite as expensive but curious if anyone else has every been ripped off on line.

Happens ALOT. Those Trijicon deals are a big counterfeit item. Hell I've got a 6.0 Powerstroke and Amazon has people selling counterfeit Motorcraft oil and fuel filters 😒

Lots of counterfeit Trijicon and Leupold scopes, They are selling counterfeit Daniel Defense Iron sights too like crazy on ebay and amazon. Even if you are buying from a known good user on here you need to do your own homework. It's crazy

If you purchase a good optic from a well known company, go to their website and register it. If it registers with the assigned serial number, you know its legit.

Back
Top Bottom