• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Critical Pistol Skills class, 11/15/2014

jlw

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
19   0
Reaction score
Course Content:

This 250 round course develops the skills needed to successfully operate your pistol with your non-dominant hand in the event that your dominant hand is not functional. Students will learn through a progression of freestyle and dominant hand only drills to ultimately draw, reload, and clear malfunctions using only their non-dominant hand. It is much more convenient to learn how to do this on the range than to have to figure it out under incoming fire.

Logistics:

This course will be held on 11/15/2014 on a private range in Oconee County with a start time of 0900. The fee for the course is $75.00, and the course will be limited to six students total and will be run in one relay. If you aren’t shooting, you will be loading magazines. Breaks will be short. If everyone masters the skills quickly and if students have ammo remaining, we will work on other things.

Skill level:

This is not an introductory course. Students should already possess safe gun handling skills and be capable of functioning on a firing line with other shooters.

Equipment:

You will need a quality semi-automatic pistol and ammunition that will function in your pistol. Your holster should be one that does not collapse when the pistol is drawn and allows for one-handed re-holstering. Holsters that require the use of the trigger finger to disengage a retention device, such as a Blackhawk Serpa, are strongly discouraged. At minimum, at least three magazines are needed, and at least two magazine carriers are encouraged.

Shooters need eye and ear protection as well as a hat with a brim.

Instructor:

The short version is that I hold firearms instructor certifications from GA POST, the FBI, Rangemaster, and the NRA among others. I am a member of the Board of Directors for the Georgia Association of Law Enforcement Firearms Instructors, and I have been a peace officer for over 15 years. A more complete bio can be found here.

A statement of my philosophy and limitations can be found here. Please read the statement.

Cancellation Policy:

I need six students for this course to be a go. If you cancel, refunds will only be granted if I am able to sell your spot to another student.

If for some reason I am forced to cancel, not only will you get a full refund, I will do a make-up date for free, and you will get a 50% discount on a subsequent class (does not apply to hosted classes).

To sign up for the course, contact me at proficient.strategies@gmail.com. I will not collect any money until I have six firm commitments for the class. At that time, I will send payment instructions to those who have expressed interest, and the first six to send payment will have spots in the class.

Last edited:
I'll be posting fliers in the local gun shops in the next day or so. If you want into the class, please contact me. I've been contacted for two of the spots already.

Back
Top Bottom