• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Crossbow bolt question about weight

Codyology

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
37   0
Reaction score
I got a crossbow for christmas last year. I set it up with the bolts that came with it but their not the best quality.
I've been looking at new bolts and having a problem with the grain weights I need.
I weighed everything out the bolts and broadheads I'm using now that were factory bolt that came with it.

The factory bolts are 20in marked 2219

The factory bolt weights
360.1 grains
359.5 grains
358.8 grains
356.8 grains

The crossbow is a velocity archery lionheart
175#
310fps

I can't find info on bolts to get since I want to switch and get 6 or 12 to a set.

Using ramcat 100grain broadheads
They weigh out pretty good actually.
Lowest weight
101.3 grains
Heaviest weight
102.9 grains

I know its a lot of info but I'm very detailed when it comes to equipment I didn't have a choice on the crossbow cause it was a christmas present from the brother in law.

Maybe someone could help with all that info
The weights I've been seeing is way below what I have now.

I feel your pain. I have a Barnett Predator that shoots at 375 fps and had to find some new bolts due to either loosing them or ruining the fletching burying them up to the nocs in a target. I just got a few Barnett Headhunter bolts (22") and will use them. I don't think the deer will mind if the bolt quality if suspect if you hit them correctly. Just that much less money to have to hunt for in the woods after the shoot. BTW, save the old bolts to unload your crossbow with after the hunt.

I feel your pain. I have a Barnett Predator that shoots at 375 fps and had to find some new bolts due to either loosing them or ruining the fletching burying them up to the nocs in a target. I just got a few Barnett Headhunter bolts (22") and will use them. I don't think the deer will mind if the bolt quality if suspect if you hit them correctly. Just that much less money to have to hunt for in the woods after the shoot. BTW, save the old bolts to unload your crossbow with after the hunt.

Get you a Block crossbow target, they can handle the high speed. I was having the same problem. http://www.nextag.com/the-block-crossbow-target/stores-html#!

I just put in a order for some muddy outdoors blood sport 20in. I found some other stuff I needed I didn't have a case either.
But another member here has the same xbow as me and I ordered the same bolts as him

Back
Top Bottom