• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

crossbow

Get a used Excalibur.
Spend the extra $$…and never look back.

Once you realize it’s not only durable, deadly accurate and you can change the string in the field yourself quickly you’ll realize this is the one you’ll have for many many years……unless you accidentally run it over with your truck in the dark…..but we won’t talk about that.

Lots of good deals in the Archery section of the classifies. Barnetts are good, but
A lot of time you can find a good package, maybe bolts, heads an upgraded scope is nice.
But just look, there are a bunch on there right now. I bought my 1st one a few years ago
and now have three. But the 1st one was a Barnett White tail, I got everything I need to
walk out in the woods, it was deadly at 50 yards without me touching a thing. Yes, I did
shoot it to learn it and the yardage.

Get a used Excalibur.
Spend the extra $$…and never look back.

Once you realize it’s not only durable, deadly accurate and you can change the string in the field yourself quickly you’ll realize this is the one you’ll have for many many years……unless you accidentally run it over with your truck in the dark…..but we won’t talk about that.
I've looked at those but never shot one , what kind of speed can they produce? my last one is a Wicked Ridge, reverse limbs.
it's only about 10 inches wide when cocked, and gets 400 FPS. Just playing around I've shot 80 yards.

Here ya go 😉

You Can find all the Excalibur specs online.

The smaller micro ones usually have the speed in their name like the 335 micro.
I own a micro suppressor 335 and it’s a killer little unit.
They had issues with baking the camo on the earlier versions which caused limbs to crack but apparently have since fixed them on the micro suppressor units and a new set of limbs is $100 if not
Covered under warranty from the Canadian owned Excalibur company.
I have a set Of replacement limbs I installed on mine and it has been perfect.
I also have a larger exomax which is bigger and heavier but killer accurate and durable.
I had an older Exocet model which was by far my favorite because it was a bit lighter than the exomax and was just so reliable for years and I took many, many deer with it.
Sadly it got accidentally ran over in the dark and destroyed.
The more
Simpler units seem to be the most reliable and I’ve never had any problems with Excalibur crossbow scopes either.
They are a bit loud compared
To compound pulley operated crossbows but who cares,
Never been an issue.
I probably wouldn’t go with anything less than a 335 but I think my
Older Exocet was around 300 fps and took deer like lighting every time.
One thing I always encourage new crossbow owners to do is make shots from their ladder at block targets to get
Comfortable with trajectory.
Also while on foot if you’re shooting at a deer a bit uphill from you…..aim high.
Again….practicce with block targets at different anngles/ elevations.
I’ve had best luck with 100 grain swhacker broadheads and Excalibur arrows .
You can get lighted nock ones online
From Excalibur.
Be careful practicing because you
Will consistently shoot through the same
Hole and destroy arrows .
My buddy wont practice with me any longer without pulling his arrows first because of this.

Excalibur all the way.

Attachments

• 71607185107__2BE4995D-ADD9-475B-BA99-375A81BE7FFE.jpeg
    71607185107__2BE4995D-ADD9-475B-BA99-375A81BE7FFE.jpeg
    416 KB · Views: 12
The sound of the string, past 50 yards, will be heard by the deer before the bolt makes impact.
Therefore, there’s a good chance that the deer will jump the string resulting in a miss or a non-lethal hit.
The speed of sound governs your accuracy.

Back
Top Bottom