• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Custom Firearm Creations' Terror-9 and Cerakoted SP2022

Optimus Prime

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
More Than Meets The Eye
341   0
Reaction score
Alright, I've been meaning to do this review for a while but never got around too it (laziness and been busy...). Its gunna cover Matt's (the owner of Custom Firearm Creations) work to both guns as well as the guns themselves.

First up is my beloved Sig SP2022 Custom. I picked up from Matt as one of his custom firearms that he had for sale. Matt polished the trigger pieces, slide rails, feed ramp, and frame rails. He Cerakoted the barrel and magazine Armor's Black and dig his own "Sig Custom Silver" on the slide, takedown, mag release, decocker release, and mag baseplate. On top of that he did the numbering on the mag in white and topped her off with Meprolight Nite Sites! I have to say that it's the smoothest texture Cerakote job I've ever handled. And now that she's got well over 2000k rounds thru her, she's still as flawless and gorgeous as the day I brought her home (save for the barrel smiley ;)).

IMG_6220 (Medium).jpg
IMG_6221 (Medium).jpg
IMG_6223 (Medium).jpg
IMG_6224 (Medium).jpg
IMG_6225 (Medium).jpg
IMG_6218 (Medium).jpg
IMG_6219 (Medium).jpg

Second up is my 1989 Intratec Tec-9 affectionately dubbed the Terror-9. I picked the gun as a rusted and busted piece of junk up at gun show by a little old lady who said her late husband had bought it 10 or so years ago and took it apart to do some "custom work" to it but died for completing it and she didn't know she had till she was doing some cleaning and found it. I paid her $150 for it along with 4 Intratec mags (the only reason I paid that much. the factory mags are rare and expensive.) and brought it home without a clue what to do with it.

1454956_183482888520632_59736691_n.jpg
534938_183482925187295_1613456732_n.jpg
IMG_4325 (Medium).jpg
IMG_4336 (Medium).jpg
IMG_4326 (Medium).jpg

Last edited:
Well after talking to Matt and being so pleased with the SP2022, I let him have his way the Terror-9. And man am I glad! It turns out that her had to go thru and not only deal with all of the rust and cosmetic issues, but that the trigger springs and buffer assembly were broken. We both ended up spending a great deal of time sourcing new parts for it that we couldn't get off of Cope's Distributing, but found them we did. FYI, these guns are the epitome of cheap design and subpar parts from the pot metal for the barrel to the aluminum wire used for the springs... Needless to say, we ordered some spare parts for future use....

During out parts sourcing, Matt and I discussed several options for optics and sights (the factory "sights" are stamped metal garbage. literally.) that ranged from him designing a whole new sight system to either threading or welding a rail to the top. We both ended up deciding on a rail for an optics system and Matt determined that due to the low quality metal used that tapping and threading the receiver was the better idea. Using a 10/22 picatinny rail mount as a donor, Matt tapped and threaded the receiver to fit and away he went on to the next issue, the horrid inside of the receiver.

After Matt cleaned and restored the finish of the receiver he discovered something horrifying about the factory "design"... Even the best examples of the Tec-9s have extremely rough insides and cause a great deal of damage to the bolt carrier group, much less the formally rusted example I stumbled upon. He ended up smoothing out the inner receiver and BCG followed by Cerakote's Microslick on the BCG face with normal Cerakote inside the receiver. The BCG now slides smoothly back and forth without binding in the receiver, as it should've from the factory.

Matt choose Armorer's Black for the receiver and his own custom mixed dark gray for the magazines to set them off from the rest of the gun. A very cool look to an evil black gun.

Our original plan was for me to run a Strikefire on top of it and for a little bit that's what I did. The drawback to this was that the sling (picked up from Cobb Gold. thanks man!) isn't long enough for me to raise the gun up to eye level without removing the sling from shoulder. And lets face it, just like we named it the Terror-9 in honor of its gangster image, its meant to be gangster shot from hip or slung-forward position. As such, I ended up choosing a Laserlyte K-15 to sit atop and have been running it for a while a now and I'm loving the setup. I still haven't figured out where to mount the pressure pad permanently and to be honest I simply turn the switch on and take the pressure pad off most of the time to shoot.

I've ran a little over 2500 rounds thru it in the last few months and I've gotta say she's a blast. I've had several double feeds that were caused from one of the mags and after replacing the spring and follower, no more issues. The only other issue is that after a 200-300rounds of being dirty, she'll FTE. But a simple wipe of the BCG face and I'm back in business!

1451977_187583371443917_1585284457_n.jpg
IMG_6209 (Medium).jpg
IMG_6210 (Medium).jpg
IMG_6211 (Medium).jpg
IMG_6212 (Medium).jpg
IMG_6213 (Medium).jpg
IMG_6214 (Medium).jpg
IMG_6215 (Medium).jpg
IMG_6216 (Medium).jpg
IMG_6217 (Medium).jpg

Back
Top Bottom