• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cva Scout v2 44 mag weight disparity

SOS

Default rank <500 posts Supporter
Survivalist
85   0
Reaction score
I'm looking into a stainless cva scout in 44 mag, but I'm getting very conflicting information online. The manufacturer and retailers list it as being 5.8 pounds, but some reviews say it's a heavy rifle and one person on a forum says with a scope it's over 8 pounds. Don't really understand the disparity, but if anyone has personal experience I'd love to hear what you have to say about it

Attachments

• cva-scout-v2-takedown-stainless-single-shot-rifle-44-magnum-1543147-1.jpg
    cva-scout-v2-takedown-stainless-single-shot-rifle-44-magnum-1543147-1.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 3
I'm looking into a stainless cva scout in 44 mag, but I'm getting very conflicting information online. The manufacturer and retailers list it as being 5.8 pounds, but some reviews say it's a heavy rifle and one person on a forum says with a scope it's over 8 pounds. Don't really understand the disparity, but if anyone has personal experience I'd love to hear what you have to say about it
Heavy like a boat anchor, awesome rifles!!!

Interesting. I'm not interested in a heavy rifle but the pros may outweigh the cons on this one. Really just looking for something to work out diabolical hand loads. Bonus if it's weather resistant and double bonus if it's lightweight. There's a m77/44 on here for $1000 but that's on the top end of what I'd like to spend

Interesting. I'm not interested in a heavy rifle but the pros may outweigh the cons on this one. Really just looking for something to work out diabolical hand loads. Bonus if it's weather resistant and double bonus if it's lightweight. There's a m77/44 on here for $1000 but that's on the top end of what I'd like to spend
I love my stainless 77/44, but I get it about price

I love my stainless 77/44, but I get it about price
I'd probably pay $1000 for a stainless all weather model. On the fence about a standard one. I'm hard on my guns and prefer something robust enough to not get damaged, and priced well enough so that I don't mind when it does. M77 fits one of those qualities lmao

I’m not seeing a disparity.

The word “heavy” is subjective.

Depending upon what scope/rings/mounts the reviewer used, you can easily add over 2lbs with your optic setup.

If all you’re wanting it for is for heavy load work up, then the weight would be a bonus.

Back
Top Bottom