• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Cycling

I ride the Silver Comet usually every Sunday morning/afternoon depending on the temp and crowds. I put in at Nickajack Elementary. I started serious riding years ago on a used Gary Fisher Wahoo mountian bike, sold it off in 2011 and got a new Kaitai hybrid. I rode to work daily at CarMax almost 10 miles one way from my home. I have since moved and my studio is only a mile from my home in Brookhaven. Now I ride to and from the gym (about 8 miles round trip) 3 times a week weather permitting as well as Sundays on the Comet. I usually do 50 to 60 miles on the Comet on my bike (bridge pictured is 30miles out). I did do a century to Ala once with a few friends. I have not been on the trail in a few months so yesterday was a short 20 out and 20 back (40 miles). I really need a lighter bike, looking at a Trek Madone 5.1 for my new ride. Anyone want to hook up with me and ride hit me up and if anyone has a line on a 58mm Trek Madone I'll trade guns and ammo!

IMG_1231.jpg

Last edited:
We are a Trek Dealer up at Bear Creek Bikes....our website is a bit outdated as my web designer (me) has been busy trying to keep up with a growing business....We have Madones and Domanes on the floor as well as Scott bikes...Currently over 200 bikes in stock!!! on a 5000sq/ft showroom...we are not what you would call a small store....not big......just right we like to think...

come see us.
shane

We are a Trek Dealer up at Bear Creek Bikes....our website is a bit outdated as my web designer (me) has been busy trying to keep up with a growing business....We have Madones and Domanes on the floor as well as Scott bikes...Currently over 200 bikes in stock!!! on a 5000sq/ft showroom...we are not what you would call a small store....not big......just right we like to think...

come see us.
shane

Hey sounds like a plan, post your store location and store hours...

Take my 2011 Kaitai in on trade for a new Madone 5.1 in flat black or do you have a 2012 Madone 58mm f/b model for sale?

Bear Creek Bicycle Company
1229 W. Walnut Ave
Dalton Ga 30720

www.bearcreekbikes.com

I have 200+ bikes in stock...can't remember for sure if I have the 5.1 Madone in Black...in 58cm...I can tell you that I have my own Project 1 7series Madone coming soon in Vapor Coat...with D5 Carbon wheels...and a MATCHING Domane as well....Should be here mid-April if not sooner!

As for Trades....I don't do much on the trade market....just not a dynamic I am comfortable with for my shop....now guns....thats a different story....

Hey sounds like a plan, post your store location and store hours...

Take my 2011 Kaitai in on trade for a new Madone 5.1 in flat black or do you have a 2012 Madone 58mm f/b model for sale?

someone say cycling? heck yeah... i'm all over both. did a 30 mile out and 30 mile back at the Silver Comet before coming to the "land of sand" and i loved it. started at the bicycle shop. can't wait to go back, so when i get back in and settled, i'd love to hook up with ya vader.... and anyone else for that matter. and for the mountain bikers, i plan on an elijay or fats camping week-end as well.. i'm a slow poke, but still love to ride!

Keeping this thread alive :) just got back from another great ride with wife and a small group (roughly 7 or8) met some nice ppl, the weather was awesome. We rode just under 27 miles with a 13.8 avg. Nice social ride!

Back
Top Bottom