• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

CZ .22 Rifles

Before making your decison about buying a Cooper, please google "Cooper Firearms supports Obama".

This is from the Wiki article on it:

On October 27, 2008 a USA Today article featuring executives supporting Barack Obama for president was published naming Dan Cooper as a financial supporter of the campaign.[3] Scandal soon erupted across gun-related web forums and blogs when it was made public that Dan Cooper supported a pro-gun control Presidential candidate[4] and had donated several thousand dollars to his campaign. Gun owners across the internet quickly reacted to the news by flooding Cooper Firearms and their distributors with dissatisfied phone calls and letters pledging to boycott his company.

By October 28, 2008 Cooper Firearms removed their online distributor list and released this message on their website.

Regarding the USA Today Article. Cooper Firearms of Montana, Inc. did not contribute and does not support in any fashion the campaign of Senator Obama. Nine months ago Dan Cooper (personally) made an online donation to the campaign in an effort to help defeat Hillary Clinton and in protest of American plant closures and the shipping of jobs overseas. Three months ago he made yet another donation to the McCain campaign and the RNC totaling over twice that given to Obama campaign. There is no doubt that the article in USA Today has caused a considerable response. To this end we are encouraged and stand with our fellow NRA members and supporters of the Second Amendment and against those who oppose it.[5]

As of 29 October 2008 (2008 -10-29)[update] the Federal Election Commission had Dan Cooper, the Cooper Arms president and CEO, as donating at least $3100 dollars to the Barack Obama campaign and zero donations to the McCain campaign from 2007 to October 29, 2008.[6] The National Rifle Association had rated Barack Obama as a "F" grade for his support of gun control and actively opposed his campaign. [7]

CZ .22's are great! I've owned a few over the years. They will outlast you...a friend of mine nailed a 200+ lbs rheedbuck at a good distance with an old BRNO (basically a CZ) - the rifle was older than he was at the time - and way more accurate.
I won't hesitate...those full stock .22's sure are pretty!

Back
Top Bottom