• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CZ 457 22lr upgrades

perfectbeard

Default rank <5 posts
New to The Trader!
1   0
Reaction score
Hey guys I just purchased my first cz 457 rimfire and I was just wondering what are some of the first upgrades ya'll get? Mine is mostly for plinking and possibly some local shooting competitions.

Hey guys I just purchased my first cz 457 rimfire and I was just wondering what are some of the first upgrades ya'll get? Mine is mostly for plinking and possibly some local shooting competitions.
Nothing if just for plinking. For competition, I think you will have to go to a much more expensive rifle at 10x and up

Just bought one, but haven't picked it up yet. I anticipate doing what Dice Dice notes - some trigger adjustment, and then putting at least a couple hundred/thousand downrange to see if the trigger and bolt smooth up. If they do, I'll leave them as is.

Of course, an optic will go on it. I'm going to start out with a 2-7x which is probably all I need. The model I bought has no iron sights, and I might want those, so possibly a set of see-thru' or pivot mounts (assuming I can't get a repeatable zero with QD mounts) and a 24" second barrel are on the wishlist, but apart from that. I'm not expecting to do much in the way of enhancements.

I will be buying a couple of 10 round mags. So there is that.

I’ve been competing for a couple years in NRL22 and PRS22 with a 457 Pro Varmint. Over time the stock plastic mag well will crack and break causing groups to fall apart and you’ll wonder why or what’s happed to your gun. I’d recommend the DIP Aluminum Magwell. I’d also recommend L3I Bottom Metal it’s just one solid piece instead of the stock 2 piece.

The stock trigger is adjustable and you can replace the trigger and striker spring with a Yo Dave Springs or drop in the Timney or Jard trigger. I put a flat bow Timney in mine set at .08 oz

That’s all I did after a 45 MOA rail and nice Athlon scope Area 419 ARCA rail and Accutac bipod to be competitive.

Attachments

• IMG_8386.jpeg
    IMG_8386.jpeg
    328.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_7161.jpeg
    IMG_7161.jpeg
    401.3 KB · Views: 19
Depends on how far you want to go down the rabbit hole and how much $$$ along the way. Quality scope rail, mount, scope and trigger to start. Next, for me, would be a quality chassis or stock.

Vest thing you can do is to ammo and lot test the rifle. Plenty of threads around on this, do won't go into details here, but this is absolute best bang for the buck. I'd get the rifle set up how you like it prior to lot testing.

tack driver!

Cz 457 varmit match, might throw it on line soon! Have original stock. 100 yards can put three in dime. But she is picky about what ammo she will take.

Attachments

• CBD5B348-6B20-4198-A4B1-E350C5E7E142.png
    CBD5B348-6B20-4198-A4B1-E350C5E7E142.png
    969.9 KB · Views: 17
While I was out today I picked up a picatinny rail made by MDT and looking into a decent scope, currently I have a vortex crossfire 2 illuminated on it. Shot some groups with it and it's way better then my Ruger 10/22 I was noticing with the cci ammo I'm shooting that every now and then one will just fly off out of group. I fell like that's a ammo problem most likely though.

Back
Top Bottom