• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CZ .22 Rifles

Mosby

Default rank <300 posts
Permanent Newb
64   2
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with CZ, and their line of bolt action .22's? I have been seriously contemplating either a Cooper or a CZ. Any info would be appreciated.

I own 2 527's one in 223 and in 762x39 both are better than anything I have had before!
there is a guy who we run in to at the range who shoots the 22s and let me shoot them they are as good as the one I have ,in fact I offered to swap for the short barreled one he has and he only smiled.
that will be my next buy

My last range trip, a guy was running a long barreled cz 22, practicing for the cmp competitions. I watched him shoot for a bit, and the rifle was putting out some nice groups.

I've owned two. Both 452 Americans. One was the Varmit model and the other was the standard model. Both were excellent shooters. Quality is right up there with the best of them. Get one and you won't be sorry.

I own 3 CZ 22s'. They are the best .22s' on the market for the money spent. I also own several other brands, including Anschutz. That said, I still keep and shoot my CZs'. That's a pretty good testament to the CZ 22s'. You won't go wrong with a CZ, ChuckDog.

I've got a friend that just picked up a Cooper and he had a CZ. I shot both and the Cooper is definately better. I had 3 shots in 1 hole at 50yds then the last 2 put the group at about a .25". But you can by 3 CZ's for the price of a Cooper. But there are other American made guns out there as well that are better than a CZ and fall between the Cooper price and the CZ.

I've got a friend that just picked up a Cooper and he had a CZ. I shot both and the Cooper is definately better. I had 3 shots in 1 hole at 50yds then the last 2 put the group at about a .25". But you can by 3 CZ's for the price of a Cooper. But there are other American made guns out there as well that are better than a CZ and fall between the Cooper price and the CZ.

I have to ask, what are some of the American made guns that are "better" than the CZ for less than a Cooper? I don't know what a Cooper sells for, so I'm working on 3 CZs' being $1200.00 to $1500.00. I've shot quite a number of 22s' from a lot of manufactures and I can't seem to come up with a single one that's markedly better than a CZ from any manufacture in the U.S. Certainly not Remington, Ruger, or even the now discontinued Kimbers. I promise that I'm not being a S/A, I'd really like to know. Most folks out where I'm at shoot old military 40X Remingtons and 52 Winchesters in tournaments, they are a few old H&R military trainers too. Other than the 40X these are all discontinued and you're hard pressed to find a decent old 40X for less than $1k now, a new one is ridiculously expensive. I love shooting 22s' and found in the last 5 years or so just how accurate this round truly can be. I have more $$$ tied up in 1 Anshutz base target rifle than I do in most of my sporting centerfires completely outfitted. On most days my CZ's will shoot with my Anschutz given they are fed the proper diet. Ammo will make more of a difference than the rifle it's shot in more often than not. I realize "better than" is a broad statement, so I'm curious, what better is? Thanks' Chuckdog

The friend of mine"s Cooper I believe was around $1800.00. You can pick them up used for $1000.00 to $1500.00. I mostly shoot the old military trainers. But there are good American guns out there if you look. I picked up a Winchester 52C last weekend for $400.00. It had a little wear on the blueing but still a nice and very accurate gun. I've got a Remington 541X and a H&R M12 I gave $400.00 each.I am looking at a Remington 513S for $450.00 and a Remington 541T for $450.00 which are good prices for the guns. Both very accurate guns and with the older American guns they will hold and gain in value. if you check on some of the online forums you can get some good deals. Check Rimfire Central they are a rimfire site only. I've seen a few 40Xs on there for under $800.00.

Last edited:
These are all used, mostlty discontinued rifles. They're good rifles, and I would have to question some, as being better than the CZ's. Let's compare "APPLES WITH APPLES" though. On a good day I can compete with any we've discussed with any off the shelf 452 I've shot. A new CZ 452 for $400.00~$500.00 is a no brainer. Sure I spend more on different brands, and if any U.S. manufacturer brings something new to market that's better than a CZ for anywhere close to the same money I would buy it. It's just "better than" is such a wide term. I'm not anti U.S. guns by any stretch of the imagination. If this fellow, or anyone else is in the market for an unbelievably accurate, tough as nails 22 for less than all the rest, "or not" the CZ 452 is simply in a class by itself. I've owned several, still own 3. I have a couple of friends that compete with them in 50 & 100 yd. tournanments and fed they proper ammo they will shoot with any other rifle I've seen at these shoots. If you're looking for a competition rifle then look at all that's been discussed, but if you're looking for an off the shelf, top quality new general purpose or hunting rifle then, I don't think you'll beat the CZ line of rifles. Ask anybody that has one with good glass and fed them quality ammo. I'd look at the Anshutz line of sporter rifles at Buds online if I were just wanting to spend a pile of $$$ on a rifle.

Back
Top Bottom