• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

CZ 453 22 magnum accuracy report

ridgerunner33

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
110   0
Reaction score
I would think a few of you guys would like to know what a normal shooter could expect out of a rack grade 22 mag...CZ 453...shooting CCI'S dynamite little 30 grain V-max.Here are the results,after shooting a grand total of 10 rounds.1 was a fouling shot,then the next 9 counted.I was pretty impressed to say the least.This is a fantastic combination,for someone looking for a little more oomph and velocity out of a rimfire.Pics are posted below.

Attachments

• 20210703_173158.jpg
    20210703_173158.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 55
  • 20210703_173221.jpg
    20210703_173221.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 53
Thanks for the report. Only problem is they quit making 453s several years ago and not too many people that have them are itching to get rid of them!
Your right!!!Most will not part with them.I believe with a change to the trigger spring and pillar bedding,this .22 magnum would be a consistant 3/4" gun at 125 yards and a little beyond,making it a hellava small game /light varmint set-up for serious work.These guys at CZ make a fine rifle.Even hear that the Steyr Zephir II is twice the rifle.Cant wait to wrap my trigger finger around one of those.
Very best to all!!!!!

Zephyrs are very nice.
I held one at Franklins the other day,and very few.......less than one hand,ever felt like pure perfection,magic if you will,like this one did.I knew it looked special in the rack,however,within 3 seconds.....the balance....the feel.....the heft.....felt perfect.I knew I would have to own one.Its like this rifle was custom built for me.Now just to find that perfect optic and mount for it!Leaning strongly toward a 2-7×33 compact Leupold with variable objective in the rimfire persuasion and lightweight warne rings.
Atleast IMHO.......very near perfection.

I would think a few of you guys would like to know what a normal shooter could expect out of a rack grade 22 mag...CZ 453...shooting CCI'S dynamite little 30 grain V-max.Here are the results,after shooting a grand total of 10 rounds.1 was a fouling shot,then the next 9 counted.I was pretty impressed to say the least.This is a fantastic combination,for someone looking for a little more oomph and velocity out of a rimfire.Pics are posted below.
How do you like the single set trigger of your 453?

I just picked up a CZ 457 Lux 22lr two weeks ago. The improvements they made with the 457 are awesome. This is with CCI SV but only at 30yrds.
6E4933E3-2B08-4B95-9792-C2412DEFD122.jpeg
495FAF01-B3CD-4B60-B82D-EB5B334D7724.jpeg

Reactions: GFB
I held one at Franklins the other day,and very few.......less than one hand,ever felt like pure perfection,magic if you will,like this one did.I knew it looked special in the rack,however,within 3 seconds.....the balance....the feel.....the heft.....felt perfect.I knew I would have to own one.Its like this rifle was custom built for me.Now just to find that perfect optic and mount for it!Leaning strongly toward a 2-7×33 compact Leupold with variable objective in the rimfire persuasion and lightweight warne rings.
Saving up for that scope also!

Does Leupold even make a 2*7 AO?

Back
Top Bottom