• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

awjohnson2

Default rank <1250 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
30   0
Reaction score
I am looking to get a nice bolt-action 22lr and I have pretty much narrowed it down to the CZ 455 Varmint Evolution or the Savage Mark II BSEV. They are similar in almost every way from what i can tell. Does anyone have experience with either or both guns?

CZ or Savage and why? That is the question!

Both Savage and CZ make decent rifles for a decent price. Really, I think it would come down to color and finish as which one to pick if both are available and actual cost is the same.

awjohnson2, in the past I have and still own both a Savage and a couple of CZ's in rimfire. Both are good guns, but I would have to give the nod to the CZ's. JMO....Good luck with whichever you choose. One more quick thing about the CZ 455's. I beleive when they were first introduced, you could get the 455's with a 22lr and a 17HMR barrel. Lately I have seen them come with 3 barrels. 22-lr, 22 Magnum and 17HMR, rifle like this you would give you alot to choose from.....Ray

I'd have to side with CZ here, as well. They're both roughly in the same price range so unless you can find the savage at a substantially lower cost, I'd grab the CZ.

Fantastic furniture and great irons on the CZ. You won't be disappointed.

CZ 455 hands down. I have a 452 and a 455 Tactical Trainer and they are both great guns. The 455 with the ability to change barrels so easily is great.

I also have the Savage and it is a great gun also but I prefer my CZs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom