• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Damn you Poison Ivy.....Damn You!

Calimine lotion will be your best friend with poison ivy lol! lather that crap on like there is no tomorrow!!!

I disagree, for seasoned veterans of critical exposure there can be only one!
IVY DRY

If you have never used it or heard of it and are highly allergic, may god have mercy on your soul. Calamine just makes a mess and does nothing for me.

IVY DRY is what you want, stuff will start scabbing over and the swelling will drop in 24 hours, after 2-3 days, you will forget you even have it. Downside is you get to smell like sweaty ballsack. It's got a lot of Acetic acid in it IIRC. It reduces the itch, and dried your skin out super fast. I got turned onto this stuff in the 6th grade by a buddy from oaklahoma, kid used to get it worse than me. I have had 80% coverage before, that's a special kind of misery.

Gah I hate that stuff. I am extremely allergic to it. If I get it I just go ahead and go get the shot.

Lots of good information here on how it spreads and stuff. It can also get on your pets if you have any and you can get it by petting them and getting the oil on you. The oil stays on stuff for a lonngggg time so wash your boots, etc.

Back
Top Bottom