• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dana Safety Will not sell semi automatic rifles to civilians

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with a lot of folks on this thread. I do not hold any animosity towards the folks at DSS. My heart goes out to them. They are just following directives from Corporate. But I will not support their parent corporation -- which means I will not support DSS. I plan to exercise my God given right to buy from whom I want. Maybe if more of us exercised this right we can affect some change. I've said this before -- we have a very powerful tool called our wallets. I wish them well and hope corporate sees the error of their ways................

I like this reply best:

SheriffOconee said:
Well, I have done business in the past with DSS and found them to be an excellent source of products that we buy...however, I just sent them this email

Sirs,
It is my understanding that you have stopped selling self loading rifles to members of the general public in favor of selling them to law enforcement officers only.
I deeply regret that decision. As such, this agency will no longer seek bids from or purchase from DSS.
Thank you for your time and attention to this email.
Sheriff Scott Berry
Oconee County Georgia Sheriffs Office

It's been said before but you do not have a constitutional right to buy a semi-auto rifle from DSS if their policy forbids it.

this is twice you've made this statement and still no one has said anything about having a constitutional right to buy from DSS. The point being made and that you are failing to see is that their new found corporate policy infringes upon the exercising of the 2nd amendment. DSS will suffer because of this, which is clearly going to happen.

Best said, on that note I feel this thread has gone long enough. I'll close it in respect to dss employees. They have a Seperate thread if you wish to comment lol I feel bad that I unleashed this odt monster

I sent an email to Scott-McRea about my disagreement with what they did. Why does a car dealer want to get involved in the gun business, especially if they are against civilians legally owning guns. I doubt they will care about my email. Sorry to Mike and DSS.

I'd put money on the rule not applying to the higher ups in the company. The owner and VP's will still get what they want, it's OK for me just not for you!

Just another thought here. The decision could have come from their insurance company or banking restrictions.

re-opened?

Never closed? :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

I'd put money on the rule not applying to the higher ups in the company. The owner and VP's will still get what they want, it's OK for me just not for you!

Just another thought here. The decision could have come from their insurance company or banking restrictions.

Yup. We just saw with TWS that they are having problems with their credit card processors not processing their payments because they sell firearms.

Never closed? :lol:

lol.......OP closed it......for about 2 minutes........

Best said, on that note I feel this thread has gone long enough. I'll close it in respect to dss employees. They have a Seperate thread if you wish to comment lol I feel bad that I unleashed this odt monster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom